Chapter 10

Guys, I'm going to be honest. I am kind of disappointed in the reaction, or lack thereof, towards this book. I don't know if people haven't found it yet, or if they just don't like it. I'm not really sure if I should continue it. I will continue to think on it, and if I do decide to stop I will probably create one last chapter that just creates an ending, albeit probably a pretty rushed one. So if you actually like this book, you need to tell me, because I am just not feeling like anyone is even really reading at this point.

Chapter 10 CHLOE POV

"Repeat that." I sputtered and my sister continued bouncing up and down.

"I have a crush on the Beta!" She squealed, continuing her jumping.

"No, no, no, no, no. You said something a LITTLE bigger than CRUSH! What do you mean, you love him?!"

She ducked her head, suddenly becoming very shy.

"Well, I just kind of feel it, Chloe. I think he's the one, my mate." I groaned and rubbed my temples...this could not be happening!

"You have got to be shitting me right now! That isn't possible, Brittney! What if you don't even make it to his round? What if you don't end up being together?" She pouted and gave me her angry face.

"Then we will run away together, but I don't think your mate will reject us being together if you support me."

"WHAT THE HELL, BRITTNEY. That asshole isn't my mate! Would you and everybody else in this fucking world stop saying that! I HATE HIM. I would rather DIE than be with him. It his stupid pack!"

"Watch the language, Chloe, there ARE pups in this village you know."

"Then stop making me angry."

"You know? I thought you would support me. I support you, hell everyone in the family supports you! Even though we all know the Alpha is your mate! Stop being such a child! You want to be an Alpha? Act like one!"

Brittney stormed off leaving me glaring in her direction. Before too long I started to feel really bad about hurting her, but by that time she had been gone for at least 10 minutes.

"You still gone? Any thoughts on that?"

No replies.

"Of course not."

I started jogging back to my cabin, which was no doubt going to be an awkward experience. By the time I got there Brittney would have informed everyone on my little tantrum and I would be shunned for at least the rest of the night.

At least my next tournament was within the hour, that would keep both my family and my distracted.

**********Some Time Later********

"Hey man, no harm no foul, right?"

The banged up werewolf looked in my direction upon exiting the battle ground.

"But you did harm me..."

I looked at him oddly. "I don't thin you understand the point of..."

"Nice job, kitten." I heard to my left as I walked into the open space between the crowds. I saw Cooped just standing there wearing different attire from when I last saw him. Black sweatpants a long sleeved, very fitted, grey cotton top. And, of course, he sported a huge purple bruise on him check from my attack.

"Alpha Cooper." I nodded in his direction. As much as I wanted to scream insults and run away as far as my legs would take me, I knew that wouldn't be appropriate with all these other werewolves around us. Besides, he would just catch me if I ran.

"I need to go see my family." I said as I turned and walked away, hoping he wouldn't pursue. Luckily, he must have listened to me earlier, or he was feeling merciful. He left me alone and I raced to go get a lecture from most likely everybody in my family.

I walked into the cabin after not finding them anywhere outside the battle ground, meaning that they had either watched from here or had not watched at all. My guess was that they didn't watch. A clear sign that meant: you don't support others, we don't support you.

However, it seemed to me as I walked in the door that I was the last one on anybody's mind in my cabin. Simply due to the fact that it looked like I had walked into a 'Meet the Parents' moment, with Coopers Beta and my sister hand in hand.