Chapter 16

Chapter 16 CHLOE POV

I walked out of the bathroom after composing myself. He loved me. Like actually LOVED me? Why did that just happen?

The mantra of questions kept repeating itself inside my mind as my steps echoed on the wooden floors. I arrived into the kitchen to see Cooper standing with a glass holding amber liquid.

"Alcohol? It's midday." He looked up at me from his drink and appraised me.

"I need to be calmed down, Chloe. This works." His eyes traveled back to his drink and I walked closer stoping at the other side of the counter.

"You approached this whole thing the wrong way, you know? You could have tried to be charming, but instead you acted like a cocky ass."

His eyes darted to my face and he smirked. "Really? Don't lie to yourself, kitten. You would have taken that as weakness. It would have gotten me nowhere."

He reached his hand over the counter and his large hand encircled my wrist. "Besides, we both know you don't go for sweet and charming. Don't lie, the possessiveness makes you happy. I can smell it on you. Even now, after you have 'calmed yourself down'."

"You're flattering yourself." I said, pulling my hand away.

His grip tightened and in a flash he was standing in front of me on my side of the counter.

"And you're lying to yourself."

He dug his hips into mine and the low counter crushed into my back. I gasped as he slipped his hands underneath my shirt and onto my stomach.

Leaning his head down, he whispered into my ear.

"Deep down inside, love, you know you love it. You don't really want to be in control, you like being submissive."

I lifted my head away from his, pulling his lips away from my ear.

"No, I don't-"

His head lowered further and his lips locked onto my neck. To my complete and utter embarrassment, I moaned.

I felt his lips form a smirk, and he spoke into my neck.

"Yes, you do. I will agree that you don't like being submissive to everyone. Just to me."

He pushed himself away from me and began to walk towards the bedrooms.

"By the way," he called, " I talked to your parents while you were still in the bathroom."

My head snapped up and I glared at him. "Why? Why would you do that?"

"I needed them to pack your stuff up, you're moving in here with me until the tournament is over."

My jaw dropped and I grabbed the closest thing to me, which was his liquor glass, and I chucked it at his head.

Unfortunately he dodged it, and it shattered against the wall where his head had been.

"What the hell, Cooper?! Who have you the right to do that?!"

He bent down, starting to pick up the broken glass. "I gave myself, as your mate, the right."

I stared at him in astonishment.

"You can't just rule my whole fucking life! You aren't my Alpha, you aren't my father, and you aren't my fucking mate!"

His fist slammed against the wall, cracking it.

"Watch it, Chloe! You are damn near towing the line here! You will go get your things and come back here, you will stop fighting me."

"God, you go from sweet and caring to unbelievably controlling within the span of five seconds! What are you? Bipolar!"

"The minute you stop denying me, and who I am to you is the moment I stop acting so controlling." He walked back towards me and handed me his leather jacket.

"Take this, and wear it. It's cold outside."

I scowled at him and growled.

"I only do this possessiveness because you push me to it, Chloe. And you know it."

"I don't need you. I don't need anybody."

He roughly grapes my face in his hands. "Yes, you do. You're brave and you're strong and you can do things on your own. But not all things. Some things you're going to need help with, and that's why I am here."

"What-"

"And I'm going to need you too, because at some point I won't know what to do. But that's why we have each other, love. To help each other."

"I didn't ask for this."

"I didn't ask for a mate who doesn't want me. So it looks like we are both going to have to compromise."

"Well, then. I think-"

"But you moving in with me isn't one of those things."

"How is that fair?"

"Because you don't want me to mark you, and I can't trust other males around you. So the compromise means that if you want to walk around with no mark, then you stay with me. Fair?"

I stayed silent for a while. A mark was permanent, but I could always run away if I just moves in. And I could just stay on the sofa...

"Fair."

He smiled. "Good. Now go get your stuff, I'm going to take a shower. I'll help you move things is when you get back."

He walked into the bedroom and closed the door, and a minute later I heard the water running.

Walking out the door I put on his jacket, which was too big on me but kept me warm.

If he thought that I was making this easy on him, he was dead wrong.

I walked into the nearest little store and I went up to the cashier.

"Do you have any maps of the area?"

The innocent werewolf looked at me confused.

"Yes, but why do you need it? Aren't you a contestant?"

"Yes, I just wanted to find a secluded place to meditate. It helps me before a fight, and I'm nervous about my next match."

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Sure, here I'll get you one."

"Thanks! How much do I owe you?"

"Oh, nothing. The maps are free for visitors."

She handed me the map and I started to exit. "Good luck finding a spot!" She called out.

"Thanks!"

My next match. Please. I wouldn't be participating in my next match. Hell, I had approximately 30 minutes to get the hell out of this tiny town. Before Mr. Bipolar could get out of the shower and catch me.

AUTHOR NOTE

Sorry this was a long time coming. I have been pretty busy! Comment comment comment! Seriously though. Don't be a ghost reader. COMMENT.