Chapter 4

Okay guys, lets pray this time it doesn't end up getting deleted. Or else I may cry. Please keep the comments coming, they encourage me to update faster. Also, votes help. Comments are my number one right now though. I have an actor who I think should portray Cooper, his name is Tyler Posey. I have a picture of how I visualize Chloe, but not a name. I'll try uploading it one if these days. Just gotta get through this chapter first.

NOT EDITED 

****************************************

"Do 10 more, Shawn. I'm not joking, don't quit on me now. Down. Up. Down. Up. Faster!" Shawn let out a shaky breathe as he struggled to push himself up from the ground. He was a lower rank wolf in my pack, and he had asked me to train him before the tournament started. Since he was lower ranking he would be one if the first the females would fight.

"You know how high of a rank my pack is help in, Shawn? I don't have any weak wolves in my pack, whether they are male or female. You think I will allow a weakling into my pack? I won't lower my standards because you didn't train hard enough. Now move it. Finish the set."

I realized I was being harsh. By being his Alpha this was my job. Of course I would allow his mate into my pack, no matter her physical strength. But by threatening him he would push himself, fight harder. This was for his own good.

His body flattened on the mat as he finished the last push-up.

"Alright, take a short break. I'm going to go take care if some small things, when I get back we continue." I heard his groan as I walked towards the exit of the training area.

Suddenly, I caught the sent of the female I had been so interested in. I quickly hid behind a stack of equipment pretending I workout, although I knew I couldn't be seen. She walked a few feet away from me to talk to a female who looked to be her sister. I tried zoning my hearing onto their conversation, but I only caught a few words here in there.

"You are freaking yourself out-"

"-beaten two Alphas already."

"-feels different...tragedy..."

My female talked a little more before storming out, in all her glory, towards the door.

I was left wondering the meaning to their conversation, and it took all my will-power not to demand the information from her sister.

So. My little mate has defeated two Alphas in her past tournaments. That's all that could mean, and she's worried about fighting me. I had a hard time keeping a smirk from coming onto my face. It would be a lie if I said the fact that she was worried about fighting me didn't make me feel a little happy.

It meant she thought I was strong, she was worried if she would be able to match my strength. My wolf swelled with pride over the idea that our future mate thought we were strong enough to beat her.

"Alpha? Alpha Cooper?" I came out from my own thoughts to hear Shawn calling my name. He was waving me back over towards the mats. I walked over to him.

"You're ready for round two then?" He nodded. "Alright. Start with 100 crunches, lets see how that goes over." He laid down and began, while I though of ways I could defeat my mate when it was our turn the fight. It would be the last fight she got to participate in, after that she would be protected, I wouldn't risk her in battle.

"Faster with those Shawn, we don't have all day. The tournament starts in an hour for you. We stop training in half of that." He sped up.

* * *