[ 2 ] 2014

[ 2 ] 2014

-

"Why should I help him? He hates me."

-

Harley couldn't sleep again that night. She returned to her house and went directly to her bedroom. She didn't have the energy to talk to anyone. The only thin she felt like doing was to lay down on her bed. Ashton stayed by her side to hold her and comfort her, but he knew there were no words he could say to truly make her feel better. She had chosen him, but he knew she wouldn't be truly happy until she could see Calum again.

Niall and Andrea called that night, and she assured them she was okay. They didn't believe it. They could hear it in her voice that she was all but okay.

Still, they gave her the benefit of the doubt and told her they would pick her up for school the next morning.

Harley agreed because she didn't have a ride to school anymore, since Calum was no longer in Sydney. Or if he was, then he as being great at avoiding her. But the letter he left for them at his house assured them he was leaving.

The only place she could think of where he might have gone was Brisbane, with his uncle Cole. Harley didn't think that would have been an option for Calum. She head been told by Niall and Andrea that his uncle Cole wasn't a nice man. And Harley had seen it herself. He didn't like Calum at all, and treated him badly.

There were hundreds of thoughts and possibilities that plagued her thoughts and wouldn't let her rest.

Soon, she could see the sun rising through the glass doors of her balcony. Minutes later was when she heard her alarm ring, announcing that she had to get up and get ready for school.

Harley stirred in Ashton's arms and stretched her arms over her head, letting out a yawn.

"Good morning Ashton." She greeted him in a blank tone.

"Good morning, doll." He replied, but on his face was a look of concern. He knew well that she hadn't slept that night.

He loosened his arms from around her waist as she announced with a tired sigh, "Time to go to school."

"You didn't sleep at all last night." He pointed out, his lips turning into a frown. "I think you should probably stay home today."

She shook her head and sat up, propping herself up on her elbows. Turning to look at him, she explained, "I can't miss school today, Ash. Calum might show up today and I want to be there for him." Forcing a smile onto her lips, she added, "I'll skip cheer practice today and come right back home, then we can watch some movies together and just relax for a bit. I need a distraction, and you need to catch up on all the latest films. Disney has a lot of great ones."

Ashton smiled at that. "That sounds like a great idea, doll. I remember Disney films. Harry Lauren used to love the movie Pinocchio. And Lauren was a big fan of the three princesses."

"There were only three back then?" Harley asked, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

He nodded. "The French one, the German one, and the English one."

"Oh," Harley thought about it, "You mean Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. I think there are thirteen princesses."

"Thirteen?" He seemed surprised. "Since when?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "They added the two most recent ones like a month ago. You have a lot to catch up on. We'll watch those, and the next time we have a movie night, we'll watch something about cars since you're really into that."