[ 12 ] 2014

[ 12 ] 2014

-

"And I'll be the wife of a famous basketball player."

-

Harley and her friends had what they saw as a full proof plan to save Calum from his uncle Cole, and Harley went back to her house in the afternoon, to let Ashton know what they were planning to do. If they wanted to go through a plan that complicated, she knew some help from a ghost could come in handy to them. Ashton was the only one of them who could really come and go in front of humans without being seen. Harley was sure Ashton would be more than happy to help. He wasn't very fond of Calum, but he surely didn't dislike him as much as he used to. Harley remembered a time when they were always at each other's throats, but it didn't happen as often anymore. 

It didn't happen at all now because Calum was gone.

When she entered her house, her parents were not there per usual. She had noticed her dad's car was not in the driveway when she walked up, but her brother's new car was and next to it was her pink car. 

On a small table by the front door was a note informing her and her brother that they had gone out to dinner with some business friends of Aaron and that they would be returning late that night. Harley was glad that they were taking some time for themselves. Since arriving in Sydney, her dad had dedicated most of his time to his job and his mother seemed a bit reluctant to talk to some of the other rich families in the area, despite the fact that she was known to be very social. Harley knew that Harleen wanted to wait to meet people with Aaron, and they were finally getting the chance to do it.

As she walked further into the house which turned into the living room, she saw Cindy and Billy were on the couch together, with his arm around her shoulders, and her head on his chest. They seemed to be watching a movie, and both turned when they heard Harley's footsteps approaching them. 

Cindy smiled wide when she saw her best friend. "Hey Harley!"

Harley gave a small wave of her hand, and smiled in return. "Hi Cindy, hi annoying brother." She added a greeting for Billy.

He rolled his eyes at her, but greeted her back. "Hey booger."

"Should I go upstairs before you two start getting intimate or something?" She asked them, raising an eyebrow in question. She knew that Cindy had something special for Billy on his birthday, and she had no idea of knowing if she had given it to him yet. All she knew was that she wanted to give them some privacy to be together.

Billy replied with a proud nod of his head. "Probably."

"Okay." Harley said, gesturing to the stairs that led to the upper floor, "I'll be upstairs. You probably know mum and dad will be out for hours, so have fun...but not too much fun. Do I need to give you the safe sex talk, brother?"

Her brother scoffed, amused that she was suddenly taking up the role of a protective older sibling when he was the older one of them. "You don't, booger. I'm in the science club." He informed her, as though that were enough to make him a responsible teenager. "And anyway, we don't want to be young parents. We have plans for the future."

"Plans like what?" Harley challenged, hands on her hips.

"I'm going to attend UCLA on a basketball, football, cross country, or science scholarship. Cindy will get in on a cheer leading scholarship, or with her connections. Then if I keep up my grades and skills, I'll graduate with honors, and be recruited by the Lakers or the Steelers, depends on which sport I end up liking best. Then, and only then, Cindy and I will get married and want babies." He explained matter-of-factly. And if Harley knew her brother well, they were goals that were highly achievable. Billy was very skilled in sports, and had a lot of knowledge in the subject of science.