[ 36 ] 2014

[ 36 ] 2014

-

"When I joined the hunters, I didn't sign up to become a babysitter. But I tried my best because your daughter is my friend."

-

By morning, Calum realized that he hadn't really slept all night. He worried about Harley and the plan he had come up with along with the others. It was difficult to really plan something as thoroughly as they would have liked when they didn't know Dr. Barnes' house, they had never been there before and had no clue as to what was inside.

The teenagers set their alarms for five in the morning. Classes at St. Genevieve's would begin at seven forty five, and from working as a teacher's assistant, Paúl knew just about the exact time when each teacher would arrive at the school. Dr. Barnes always arrived a half hour early, which meant that he would be out of his house by six forty five. That would give them more than enough time, considering classes ended for the day at three thirty. 

Paúl and Calum were the first to get up, Niall and Andrea took a bit longer. They had all slept in the same house, to avoid a mix up. Ashton was there in the living room with them a they prepared to drive to the house. He said nothing, only wore a scowl on his face. He was upset at his own powerlessness, that he could do nothing to help them bring her back. Paúl gave Ashton a reassuring nod before he opened up the chest with all their weapons in it. He grabbed the bullet proof vests and handed one to each of them. Then he handed them two guns and a belt with holsters to put them in. 

"You look really strange holding that gun." Niall commented about Paúl holding a regular black handgun. They were normally used to seeing him sporting the shiny silver Diamond Rose the hunters were so proud of having.

Paúl looked at the gun in his hands with disdain. It felt uncomfortable, almost unnatural in his hold. Whereas his Diamond Rose seemed to fit in his hand rather perfectly. "How do you think I feel, compa?Its almost like kissing a decent young lady versus kissing a puta. It feels wrong. I feel like I'm betraying my gun, but a Diamond Rose won't work on humans." Niall chuckled at the comparison, Andrea smiled in amusement. But the two other boys in the room...nothing could lift their moods.

"Do you think she's really there? At his house?" Ashton wondered aloud.

Calum was the one who answered his question. "Where else would they be? He doesn't know Australia. He wouldn't know where to take them. His house is the only place I can think he would go."

"What if they aren't there?" Ashton asked another question.

That time, he got a response from Paúl. With a sigh, the hunter responded, "Then I really wouldn't know where else to look and I would die without Demsi, she means to me what Harley means to the two of you." He looked from Ashton to Calum and then back. "I really hope to God he doesn't have them hidden somewhere else."