[ 38 ] 2014

[ 38 ] 2014

-

"I always had the problem back home that whenever I liked a guy, he never liked me back, like James who only saw me as Billy's sister. But now I have two guys--two great guys--that actually like me, and I don't know what to do."

-

Dempsey and Harley had to be carried on the way out, and by the time they made it out the front door to the house, Niall was long gone with Andrea. Arthur had offered himself to carry Harley, since she was his daughter, but Calum declined. He didn't want to let her out of his arms and out of his sight. 

The girl in Calum's arms returned from unconsciousness just as they were all going to pile into different cars. The group of teens that had arrived to rescue them had a black van that had been used to arrive at the scene from their headquarters in Sydney. Harley jumped slightly in his arms, and squinted back against the bright light of day. But she quickly relaxed when she saw that it was only Calum, and everyone else who was there to rescue her. 

Placing a hand on his arm to get his attention, she said to him rather subconsciously, "You can put me down if you want. I can walk on my own."

Calum gave a shake of his head in protest. "You're not even heavy, Quinn. Let me help you."

But Harley insisted. "Calum, I haven't walked in days or it could have been weeks for all I know...I honestly don't know how long its been. I couldn't tell when it was day or night in there. All I could see in the darkness were all those machines. I want to walk on my own." 

At least her fighting spirit was intact, Calum thought to himself.

He sighed, finally giving in. "Fine. Anything you want."

He lowered her onto the ground slowly, keeping an arm around her waist for support. She took one shaky step forward and then another before her legs gave away beneath her. 

Before her whole body could collide with the concrete sidewalk, he used his other arm to grab onto her, pulling her upright, and at the same time pulling her close to him. Her eyes were trained on her feet which were failing her after being held down on an experiment table for weeks, getting tortured with mild shocks all over her body. She was drained, she was exhausted. She lifted her gaze to begin an apology when her eyes met his dark brown ones. 

Her face flushed bright red as she came face to face with him and noticed their close proximity to one another. Her blue eyes glanced at his luscious lips and they drew her in before she even had the chance to register what was about to happen. Her lips connected with his seconds later, taking him by surprise only at first. When his surprise passed, it was replaced with only joy. Joy at having found her, and joy that he was getting a second taste of her sweet lips. He held her close as their lips moved against one another's in sync, his arms drawing her more near. Her own hands grabbed at the fabric of his shirt to keep herself upright in order to continue their kiss.