[ 39 ] 2014

[ 39 ] 2014

-

"I already told you, mate. I won't fight you. Your sister is my girlfriend."

-

Harley walked down the halls of her school and towards the Math hall, where Calum's home class was located. But she knew she would be in trouble later. Her home class teacher was very strict and would no doubt be issuing her a detention after school. She didn't care about that at the moment. The most important thing was to find Calum. 

As she made her way down the hall, she could already hear the loud voices of the students in that class. They were unmistakably loud and no other class was as unruly as that one. She didn't even bother knocking and opened the door, masses of paper airplanes flew past her. No one was sat in their seats. There were people drawing dirty things on the white board. It was like she had left the school and gone to a prison almost. Their teacher was at her desk, ear buds in, and reading a magazine without a care in the world.

When Calum saw her, he got up from his chair and hurried towards her. He grabbed her by the hand and led her back outside. Once outside the class room, she leaned against the wall with Calum standing in very close proximity to her. "Hey." He greeted her with a smile once the door was shut and served to muffle the racket inside the classroom. Calum was always happy to see her.

"I really need to talk to you, Calum." She blurted after biting down on her lip nervously.

His smile dropped. From the worry on her face, he almost thought it was bad news. "Yeah," He nodded, "Okay." He waited patiently for her to speak.

"Not here." She told him with a shake of her head. "This is something super private that I don't want anyone else to listen in on. You're the only one I trust enough to tell this too because it involves you anyway. Can we go to the music rooms on the second floor?"

The boy with raven hair nodded and walked with her in silence up the stairs that led to the second floor. People hardly went there. It was mostly club rooms, private music rooms, and more than just a few supply closets. It was said that the second floor rooms were haunted, and most people were generally afraid to to up there. The populars went up there often to make out, but the other students preferred to stay out of the second floor.

They chose one of the rooms at the end of the hall. The rooms had once been dormitories when St. Genevieve's had been an all-girls boarding school. When the school was made co-ed, they decided to convert the dorms into club rooms and storage closet. There was one wide hall down the middle, with a doorway that became another, narrow hallway, one on either side of the second floor. They almost looked like abandoned offices. Calum opened the door to the private practice music room and shut the door. It was the one with the piano in one corner, which took up about half the space in the small room.

There were no other chairs in the room but the piano stool and Calum surrendered it to Harley. He just leaned on the piano, placing an elbow at the top of it for balance. "Okay," He sighed, expecting the worst. "What did you want to talk about?" He figured it must have been something important since she wanted to say it in private.

"Calum," She started, her voice beginning to shake a bit as she thought about what she was going to say. She sucked in a breath and finally finished. "Ashton saw when we kissed the other day."

Calum didn't seem bothered by her words in the slightest. If anything, he seemed to be almost relieved that there wasn't something more that was bothering her. "Oh." was all he could think to say.

He didn't think it was bad to kiss her if they both wanted to. She and Ashton were no longer together. She didn't owe him any explanations. But he wouldn't say it for now because it was still a fresh wound for her. She was just getting around to admitting that she was in love with Calum, but she already knew that she loved Ashton.