[ 30 ] 2014

[ 30 ] 2014

-

"He says he'll be back so you guys can talk. Ides of March, whenever that is."

-

Harleen and Aaron talked about the offer from the Sydney Police Department for a few days. They had offered to do all the heavy work regarding the Murder Tour, which was a tour in which they would show reenactments of what they believe happened the night of the murders. The family would also get relocated in a nice hotel for the week. Billy was okay with it, since it didn't exactly affect him. He had gotten permission from his parents to stay at Cindy's house for the week. But Harley wasn't thrilled about the whole situation.

For one, she didn't want people moving her things around. She also didn't like the idea of strangers walking all over and taking pictures of her bedroom, which was the place where three of the five murders had taken place. And lastly, she just didn't like how it affected Ashton. 

He had been in a gloomy mood since her parents had agreed to let the Police Department borrow the house for their murder tour. Harley was sure he was reminded of painful memories that were hard to forget as it was. Harley now had two mopey teenage boys to worry about, and it was difficult to go back and forth, spending time with both of them.

Since Ashton couldn't stay with her in the hotel because of Harleen, Dempsey and Paúl had taken him in for the week. Harley was very close to asking her parents if she could stay at Paúl and Dempsey's house. That would allow her to spend some time with Ashton and help keep him distracted during the murder tour that week, while it would also allow her to keep an eye on Calum who lived across the street with Niall and Andrea. 

She also wanted to giver her parents some time alone. And she honestly just wanted to be away from her mother for a few days. She knew Harleen was pregnant, but Harley was tired of her mother's mood swings, her strange cravings that she only seemed to get when all stores were closed for the night, and her constant complaining that she was tired, sore, and bloated. Harley felt more sympathy for her dad Aaron, who had to sit through all her whining and binge eating because she was pregnant and because he loved her. Harley loved her mother as well, but she just needed a few days off now that she was being rather insufferable.

The seventeen year old felt bad for wanting to be away from her pregnant mother who might need her help, but she had her own things to deal with.

At school, they were at the beginning of promposal season. All the boys and girls were thinking up creative ways to ask people to be their dates to prom. In their group of friends, Niall had been the first to ask his date to prom. According to what Andrea had told Harley and Dempsey during cheerleading practice, he had dressed up as a pizza delivery boy and handed her a box of pizza during home class. Inside, was a heart shaped pepperoni pizza and the words I know this is cheesy, but will you go to prom with me? on the inside of the box. 

Dempsey had gotten asked by one of the fourth year boys even thought she was only a third year, but she declined for Paúl's sake. She didn't want to go to prom if she couldn't go with him, and she already had planned that she would go with him.

Harley's brother Billy was planning to ask Cindy that afternoon, but everyone had already guessed that they would be going together.

Harley was almost sure Calum would ask Michella, since they were still friends. Things between Harley and Calum were much better. They were getting along great and she had made progress convincing him to get in the pool. The furthest he would do was to get the water to his knees, but Harley knew they needed to keep working if she wanted to help rid him of his trauma. Even through all the progress they had made in their friendship, Calum was still spending a lot of time with the freshman student, which gave Harley the impression that she would be his date to the prom.