fourteen

"I do not know what to say to that," I murmur, half to myself. Liam takes a cautious step towards me.

"You don't have to say anything Zayn. Just believe me when I say this. I love you, so much that it hurts. I have been given the option to choose between you and my group and I choose you. I have lived these past few weeks, these painful weeks, thinking about how miserable my life would be if I had to live in this world without you by my side. If I was given the option between you and anything or anyone in the world I will choose you," Liam looks into my eyes, captivating me.

"I will choose you every time."

Liam steps once again, his body so close to mine that I can feel the heat radiating off of him. He leans closer and closer to me and his lips hoover over mine. I close my eyes and I suddenly feel his lips connect with mine.

However this kiss is not filled with urgency or lust. It was slow and careful, Liam treating me as if I was a fragile piece of china. I want to savor this moment though. This moment of the truth being put forth. This moment of complete bliss; my heart beating fast and my skin burning from his touch.

But then the image of Zac pops into my head and I pull away. Again, Liam is surprised. "I'm sorry, Liam. Zac is out there waiting for me." I say, my chest aching as the words come out.

Liam nods and he locks down, licking his lips and sighing ever so slightly. "I understand Zayn. Be faithful to Zac. I'll see you later," Liam says. He glances me in the eyes as if debating whether he is doing the right thing or not. Then he just shakes his head slightly and turns. He exits the bathroom and the door swings shut.

I just crumble to the floor, ignoring the fact that I'm in the middle of a cafe bathroom floor. I feel hot tears start to well from my eyes. I hold in my scream of frustration.

But just before the door falls into the frame with a thud. it opens up.

"Zayn-" Zac's voice says.

I hear him bend down and the next thing I know is I'm on his lap, his arms wrapped around my body. He shushes me for several minutes until my sobs have subsided to sniffles.

The first words out of his mouth after the silence were, "Let's get off this dirty bathroom floor and go to your place. I'll make you some cookies or brownies or pizza; whatever you want."

"That sounds nice Zac," is all I can say with my broken heart.

"Okay, let's get you up and go." Zac is gentle with me and helps me up. We walk out of the bathroom, Zac's arms around my waist, supporting me slightly.

I give a weak smile to Louis and Harry as Zac and I walk out but stay quiet as Zac briefly says that we are going. I can feel Louis and Harry's concerned looks but I don't bother to ever look at them.

We get into the car and during the car ride to my flat, the scene of Liam telling me he would choose me over anything in the world runs over and over in my mind. I'm thankful Zac is quiet during our ride because I would have definitely started crying.

"We're here," Zac says.

I hadn't even realized we arrived. The car was already turned off and rain was now splattering on the roof of the car I a  constant pattern.

"Right," I say. But I don't move. My head is leaning against the seat belt, my hands in my lap.

"If you want to be with Liam, it's okay," Zac says quietly.