seventeen

It's time. The ticking minute hand on the clock passed that dreaded twelve, signaling a new hour and causing my heart to drop with fear and sadness.

"Rise and shine faggot, it's time to play," says a man who obviously is a partner of the Beast. He is dirty and greasy looking. He is scary looking. He stays in the doorway

Liam gets up. He's shaky, weak. But he stands straight and tall.

He looks down at me sadly.

"I'm fighting for you, Zayn. For us. I love you," He says.

"Hey! No talking to that. Come on," the man yells fiercely. Liam looks away from me slowly and walks off.

"I love you," I say quietly. Liam looks back at me before the door and nods. He had heard me.

The man forcibly grabs Liam and a man walking into the room. His head is shaved and his face is smug. He must have passed right by Liam into the room because I hear Liam angrily talking, saying, "What the fuck is he doing? Get out of that room! Get out of that fucking room! Don't you dare fucking touch him."

But Liam's voice disappears all too quickly for me to respond to him that it'll be all okay. And to say to not worry about me. To focus on winning the fight. But the door slams, cutting Liam's fading voice entirely out of ear shot.

"You ready to watch this amazing loss?" the man says smiling and stepping across the elective barrier with no reaction.

"But first, because we've got fifteen minutes to kill, let's have some fun, shall we," he says. He begins to unzip his pants.

Once they fall, I close my eyes. "Please sir. Don't do this. I'll do anything. Just please-"

The man puts a cloth in my mouth, muffling my pleas.

"Please don't" I cry in a muffled voice, "Please,". Hot tears stream down my face as he pulls both my briefs and pants down. 

I scream as he cuts my tied bloody hands and push me over. My body hits the floor and the man rolls me onto my stomach. I cry and scream and kick as he enters me roughly, holding me down.

How did I end up here? How did Liam get to the point in life where he was literally fighting for his life? How did everything end up like this?

--

I'm numb as two men drag me down the hall way. One was that bald man, the other is some other man. I don't even notice any details of him. I'm too scarred, broken, belittled, and fearful to be conscious of what was happening around me.

My legs drag on the floor. My broken ankle is almost painless because of how numb I am. My body is limp as they hold me by my upper arms, letting my head dangle and body sag.

It seems as if they walk forever until we go out into a large room that is lit with bright lights. I squeeze my eyes shut even tighter. A group of people are cheering and it echoes around the room.

The cheering gets louder. The two men carrying me are pressed against me. I hear the chanting of "Beast," and it sinks my heart.

We stop moving. The men drop me on the old wooden floor. I open my eyes slowly.

There is a ring of people are gathered, all looking dirty, and quite scary. I have fist row.