The ace

Haru awoke with a start as he heard an unfamiliar voice inside the old room but as usual he was too lazy to move much less talk but nevertheless he listened.

"This is interesting, please take care of me." Haru heard audible gasp coming from Siddartha the grumpy old granny. He turned his head and he saw a burnet young woman with slim build and striking smile. He almost laughed, if it wasn't hard to move while his head rest on the table.

"Oi Haru! Wake up Lad! You sorry sod!" he heard the president's voice he then let out a small sound as if confirming his awake.

"That, over there, the lazy bag of potatoes is Haru. The voluptuous, gorgeous and who will treat me ice cream to cure this god forsaken heat is Sid."

"Stop the fibbing you little shit." Luke ignored her comment and continued with his introductions.

"And I am Luke, third year. Now then you can seat near Haru near that big window and start letting your imagination run wild! Good luck kid!"

Hours passed and Luis had a feeling Haru never moved from his position. She stared at his permed raven hair.

"What?" a dragging sound came out from his lips. Luis was snapped back to reality.

"Uh, nothing just wondering if your neck ain't hurting?"

"Nah, tis fine how about you? Doesn't your wrist get tired? You've been sketching nonstop"

Luis gaze down to her hands, only then she realized hours passed and she had never put her pencil down.

"Nah, tis fine" she copied Haru's answer. Suddenly, Haru's head sprung up and she saw a large deep eyes staring right at her. Luis wondered idly if she managed to irk Haru on her very first day as a member. Well clearly I suck at this. She thought.

Haru let out a smile. A sincere smile.

"I kinda like you. What did you say your name was?"

"Luis, thank you."

Haru suddenly brought his head closer to Luis' face.

"Might I say! We should date. Love."

Haru was amused to see that Luis was not baffled nor was she surprise by his sudden action, instead she smiled.

"What a peculiar proposition but I apologize I must decline your offer, in lay man's term, fuck of brother."

Haru let out an incredulous laugh that managed to turn multiple heads to their direction. Luis continued her sketch and Haru continued his amusement.

"I find your voracity quite amusing" he laid back to his chair. "But I must say I jested, no need to fear." He said while chuckling.

"Crude humor, indeed."

Haru stretched and got out of his chair. He started collecting brushes and paints. Luis observed his lazy demeanor and concluded that he's a very troublesome person. But when he sat in front of a canvas he began to become a completely different person. His back was stretched his cool eyes filled with something... Luis can't quite comprehend.

As he readied himself he felt the world closed at him but at the same time it opened its vast door. Ah. Transcendence. He thought.

"Luke." Luis called out as they were preparing to go out.

"Yah?"

"Shouldn't we tell him were going?"

"Don't mind him! It's natural he'll stay until he wants. After all his our ace."

"Ace?" Luke smirked and a faint glint on his eyes.

"You'll know tomorrow. For now," he put his large arms to Luis' shoulder and whispered. "try not be amaze kay?"

---------------------------------------------------------------hehehehehe 

"Damn. So messy." As she stand on the doorway petrified by the mess in their club room she saw patches of what she assumed paints on the floor, brushes lying everywhere and a man sleeping under the table. She heard from Luke, Haru is a queer one even as an artist. She heard, he never stop unless he finished his craft nor does he intend to do anything other than paint especially when his focused. She understood very well that everybody has their own way of working but she never have thought to stay for the night in the century old university with nothing but canvas at her side. She looked at him and argued with herself if she should wake him up or let him be. It's his fault if he catches cold not mine. She thought. In the end the resolution she came with was that she doesn't give a damn.

"What a cold hearted young woman you are." He started talking without moving then looked at her and grinned. "Like man. Kid's this days are nuts. You should learn how to respect elders."

She gave him a dry laugh. "Like damn. Are you sure a respectable adult stays copped under the table pretending to be asleep so he'll see if others are worried about him. You should learn how to respect yourself." She said as she imitated his flimsy tone.

He crawled outside the table and stood and then pout his lips at her.

"Fair enough. Since you made your argument impenetrable by my quirks you shall be the first to see my art."

"Why would I want to?" In truth Haru half expected her to be that girly girls who likes to worry and those who liked to be the first of everything. But then again all the girls here are manlier than me and Luke. He thought.

"Well, I supposed you enrolled in this university 'cause you knew art or at least, interested in it, and I have a fresh painting waiting to be seen in the back room. Do the math lady."

"Uegh. Fine." She saw his eyes lit up and he started half dragging her to the hall and to the back room where the canvas leaned to the large wall full of other masterpiece.

She saw a street filled with different faces of merchant, passerby, beggars and children. She immediately thought of Italy's famous alleys where great artist was once inspired. Again she was dazzled by his paintings. The first time she saw him paint last week when Luke said he was their "ace" and she should try not to be amazed. She went back, feeling curiosity has once again ruled over rationality. She practically spied since Luke said Haru hated to be disturbed. She quietly peak through the back door and saw his broad shoulders. He was immersed deeply in his activity he didn't even heard her footsteps and never noticed she was watching him from his side.

"So..." he perked up and pursed his lips waiting for her reply. She must admit he does look adorable whenever he waits for feedbacks but when he speaks, his charms flies away from him like a roof carried away by a hurricane.

"Hmm. I'd like to torture you a little and wait till dismissal to say my opinion."

"What did I ever do to you??!" his faced all scrunch up and his offended tone was enough to make her genuinely laugh loudly.

"What are you laughing at?!"

"Your face was priceless shit. Just kidding. Hmm" she grabbed her chin and tilted her head. "I must say you overdid it again this time." She looked at him in the eyes which made him flinch. "As always, it's wonderfully done." She smiled at him, the striking smile she had the first time she arrived at their door. He scratch his nape and looked away.

"If you're embarrass whenever you hear compliments then just stop asking for opinion. You're tiring."

"I'm not THAT embarrassed."

"Yeah right. My lunch is on you kay? After all you dragged me here to get yourself complimented."

"WHA- I DID NOT!" but before he finished his sentenced she already turned her heels away and started walking towards the door.