Have you smelled Green?

"Have you seen Haru?" Luke asked Luis while she was compiling her sketch pad. She stopped short to think. When was the last time she saw Haru?

"At the gallery I think. Last week?"

"Oh. I'm kinda worried though, he never attended any of our class"

"Okay... Maybe he's on vacation, why are you asking me?"

"Cause your close."

Luis' mouth dropped open in surprise. "Say what?" the club members gave each other confused looks.

"Uh... " Luke rose his index finger. "One, you spend lunches together." Then his middle. "Two, You talk to each other a little too much." Then his ring finger. "Third you call him sempai."

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Everything is pretty much an incident. That eccentric, Lunatic who's one step away from being mentally ill guy, is close to me?"

"You see you do know him well! Welcome to the Haru's friends club." Everyone snickered. "But seriously, you'll learn to like him as a person."

"Uh –huh."

After a moment or so, the door opened and there, stood Haru with a large paper bag in his hands.

"Help." Sid helped him but soon realized the paper bag was too heavy even for her so she called Luke and Luis.

"What heck is on this bag? Why is it so heavy?" Luke asked.

"My failures" Sid interjected.

"Stop that." Luis cringed. Haru looked at her with sparkling eyes. Shit, me again? She thought.

"What? Why are you looking at me?" he stood up and ran towards his shared desk with Luis.

"Wait here" he grabbed cotton balls, his paint brush and Luis' handkerchief. Then he grabbed the paper bag and Luis' arm.

"Oi, where the hell are you taking me?"

"Just come. I'll tell you when we get there." She looked back at Luke and Sid who was nodding as if they experienced this wild side of Haru. They mouthed the words 'it's okay, just go' and closed the door.

"Haru, I swear if you're just gonna take me again to the gallery, your age will be stuck at nineteen forever."

"Heh. I promise this will be different."

"Gallery B?" There are numerous galleries in the University. The gallery A showcased paintings, B, sculptures and C, instruments.

"No." he said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. Luis had to suppress the urge to smack him down to his knees. She learned that when Japanese apologize they bow their head deeply to the ground. She wanted to BURY his head to the ground.

"Maybe a fruit will sprout." She whispered.

"Huh? Oh. We're here!" he announced.

"At..." She looked at her surroundings. "The garden?" She said with a knitted forehead. "You could have just said sooner."

"Then the surprise will be spoiled."

She lifted her face and showed him an astonished face. "Oh my gosh! It's the first time this day I didn't passed by the garden. I'm so thrilled! Are we gonna pick flowers and catch fishes of the stream. This the best activity that I ever had." She said with a sarcastic tone.

"Are you finish?" he said as he sat down and laid the contents of the paper bag.

"Remind me where you wanted to be buried, and how you want to die." She said as she sat down in his opposite direction. She looked at the tiny bottles of liquids. She wasn't sure if it's painting because her eyes only allowed her to see grey, white and black. It wasn't the typical case of colorblindness, she lived in a monochromatic world where at first, laughter wasn't welcome but remorse and shits are.

"So what are they?" He grinned at her, flashing his perfect teeth to her.

"You'll know. But first put this on." It was a sleeping mask.

"No. Considering your personality, I'd say confidently that either you'll slap me with fish and run laughing or you'll make me and some unnamed fish, kiss. So, no."

He laugh at her absurdity. "Trust me on this one." He said as he stared at her eyes. Unconscious of how compelling his wondrous eyes were. She looked at him, silently whispering "I can be a murderous bogan once I smell fish tail and fish lips."

"trust." She closed her eyes and waited for strange things to happen. She felt he smeared a liquid on to her face. She was about to go rampaged but she smelled strawberries.

"How long have you've been color blind?"

"Two years. Why? And what did you just smeared to my face."

"Color pink. "

"What?"

"The color pink. And this" he dipped his finger to another bottle and smeared again near to her nose.

"Is orange." Orange scent filled her nose trills, then blueberry, salty sea and even peanut butter. He kept saying colors and she kept smelling them. Her monochromic mind was now filled with colors of orange, strawberry, blueberry, salty sea and others. She took off the sleeping mask and saw his face filled with smears. The oddest thing she felt is that she's seeing colors in his face; blue near his cheeks, pink in his nose orange in his forehead and brown to his chin. She genuinely grinned at him, she suddenly hugged him to Haru's surprise she said thank you and buried her face to his shoulder.

It was already afternoon when they finished playing with colors.

"I had fun" he said while lying on the grass. She lay down next to him and looked at him.

"There's one color I'd like to know" she said while smiling.

"What?"

"Your eyes?"

"They're green, like that leave and they smell" he thought for a moment of how green smelled. "like, forest"

"Thanks, Sempai" she said as they both fell asleep that lazy afternoon.