5

No comments: No updates

Aaleeyah Petty as Lani

Recap

"Who is she ?" We both asked at the same time. I scanned her body but my eyes stopped at her chest. The cross necklace.

"Lani ?" My voice croaked.

"How do you know my name ?" She questioned. Tears filled my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her.  Eventually I broke down and cried on her shoulder. She awkwardly wrapped her arms around my waist and lightly patted my back. 

"Lani, this is Nova." Odell's voice lowly came.

There was an awkward moment of silence.

"Mommy ?"

The name I waited so long to hear out of my children's mouth.

"Yes."  I croaked out with tears falling down my face. I pulled the both of our heads together to make my forehead touch her forehead.

"Mommy I missed you."

"I missed you too."

I lightly grabbed her arm and we sat on the couch together.

Lani  *New POV*

Mommy and I continued to laugh at many memories. After our laughter died down, I glanced at my phone.

26 missed text messages and 10 missed calls from Ley. 

"Shit." I lowly cursed. I looked back at mommy to see her half asleep sleeping on Odell's chest.

"You can go. She is gone already." He whispered. I nodded my head and gathered my stuff. I walked back over to give him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Love you." I said, walking away.

"Love you too and drive safely." He said, nodding to me before I shut the door. 

---

 I got in my Blue Dodge Charger and drove off. I arrived at school fifteen minutes later. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. I looked around and saw all these groups of kids. The band. The orchestra. The cheerleaders. The art club. The debate team. The football team. The basketball team. The hippies. The stoners. The dance team.

And me.

I don't have friends at all. Never have. Never will. I rather keep to myself. If I have friends, Kennedy and Ava count. But that is it. Kennedy and Ava are on the cheer team and I just.......do me, I guess ?  I put on my earphones and played some music.

Jayesslee - Breakeven

They say bad things happen for a reason                                                                                                                           But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding                                                                                                              Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving                                                                                                              And when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven even... no

What am I gonna to do when the best part of me was always you,
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,
(One still in love while the other ones leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
(Cause when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven)

I walked into the school and went to my locker. On my way, I kept my head down, making sure I give no attention to myself. I walked to my locker and opened it, singing softly. I was so into the music that I didn't realize that one of the most popular boys in school was talking to me. I felt a poke on my shoulder and I turn around to see half of the basketball team crowded around me. I took out my earphone and raised my left eyebrow.

"Bruh. You pulled this one ?"

I saw Khyman Burton, pointing at me.

"Yeah this is me." I felt a muscular arm wrapped around me. I look up to see the sexiest boy in school. 

Kelly Oubre.

I just stared up at him. Nice body. Sexy cheek bones. Best jawline ever. And his eyes............oooh his eyes are just lawd have mercy..THOSE EYES, got me like...nevermind, I don't wanna get into too many details.

I came back to reality to realize something.

"Who said we were together ?" I questioned, putting my hand on my hip. He looked around like he was looking for someone.

"Who you talking to ?" He questioned, laughing and shoving his hands into his True Religion Jean pockets that adored his legs nicely.

"Who else is talking to me right now, huh ?" I said, throwing my head to the side with a slight attitude.

" I like her. But we gotta go now." Bryshere Gray said, smiling and walking off. The rest of the team walked off, leaving me and Kelly by ourselves. It was an awkward moment of silence until he spoke.

"I'm sorry for that." He muttered, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. Why was he nervous ?

" Sorry for ?" I interrogated. 

"Sorry for lying." He said.

"That's fine but make sure clear that up with the whole school before the teachers even find out."

Rumors spread just because of a hug. That's how extra people now are. Because of a hug. Only Lord knows how fast this rumor is going around now. 

"But you need to stay with me." He stated. 

"Bish whet ?" I said, trying to catch on to what he said.

"Okay , I need you." He tried again.

"Need me. You don't even know me."

"Listen, hoes wanna be wifey and my niggas bothering me about having a girl. So you were here and I took my chance. I am so fucking close to killing every single person who continues to ask me about it. Shit, even my grandma like ' oh Kelly when are you gonna give me some greatgrand babies ?' What am I supposed to say ? 'Oh grandma everyone outchea hoeing and I can't fine one damn nice person to be like ' hey I'm not a hoe and I have chill, let's be together.' But no everyone be-"

"Fine ,  I will help you." I huffed.

"PLEAS- wait what ?"

"I will help you." I said, again. The bell rung for everyone to go to class.

"I'm walking you to class." He said.

"You don't have to." I said, walking off.

"But I want to." He said,wrapping his arm around my small shoulders. Soon, people were just staring at us in the hallway.

"Don't give them the time of day." He whispered in my ear, making shiver slightly. We continued to walk to class even though people were still looking at us. Once we approached the door, he shouts.

"OH THIS MY CLASS !"

I looked up at him like what is wrong with you ?

"We have the same class , stupid." I said, walking in. The whole class was already turned to the door along with our history teacher, Ms. Goodwin.

"How nice for you guys to join us, Mr. Oubre and Mrs. Oubre. Please have a seat."

We both look at each other with wide eyes.

Rumor spread faster than we thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote & Comment

Read My Other Books