20.

Leydiana.

I looked at the black casket where his body lay. Odell was sitting next to me on my right as Lani sat next to me on my left.  I had on my pitch black sunglasses so no one could see my terribly red eyes. Momma stood up and led us to the casket. I stopped halfway there. I Couldn't go.

I couldn't move. I tried to turn around but momma grabbed my arms as I tried to prevent my tears from falling. 

"I understand it's hard but you need to face it."

I walked up to the casket and looked down at him. His perfect face still looked the same. I leaned and kissed lips as if he was still alive. 

I wanted him here. I needed him here.

Tears started falling down my face. I quickly walked back to sit down. I felt eyes on me and I looked to my far right to see Jarvis's mom, Ms. Dietra staring at me with sad eyes. But I saw red eyes with anger right beside her, Gerald. I tore away from his gaze and looked straight ahead at me.

They lowered his body into the ground after many speeches that were given. Tears continued to fall down my face as I began whimper as they covered the casket with dirt. The funeral was finally over. I walked away from anyone else. I heard people yelling behind me but I didn't pay attention until I was pushed into the ground. I turned around right before I was punched in the face.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?" I heard Odell scream, before picking up Gerald and slamming him into a random limo. The glass shattered. Before I could see the altercation got worse, I took off my heels and ran away as the flashbacks continued in my mind.

I walked into her classroom the next week when I wanted to get this hard stuff off my chest. She looked up and saw me and a smirk grew on her face.

"So why are you here ?"

"Why did you choose me of all people ?"

She started laughing at me.

"Because you remind me of my ex. That's why.  Thanks for not ratting me out sweetheart. I thought you would be smarter than that."

"You know I'm not smart as you think."

"Oh I know. Try anything remember I still have pictures from that night I raped your dumbass. I have videos too."

"Why would you ?"

"Your hoe ass deserved it. Stayed walking around like you were a hoe so I treated you like one. You tried to run on Friday. Too bad your dumb ass had to pull the fire alarm. You tried to leave and I wouldn't let you. You wouldn't be in this bullshit if you would've just fucked me and left but no you tried to end things. I should've killed your ass all those chances I had." She scoffed.

"You wanted to kill me ?"

"You were getting boring. I was going to get rid of you anyway." She said laughing.

"Remember when I said you know I'm not smart as you think ?"

"Yeah stupid."

"Too bad I'm way smarter than you think.Come get her." I said, pulling up my shirt ,showing her the wire.  Her mouth was opened as her jaw dropped. She pulled a gun from her drawer and pointed it at me. The police stopped at the door and saw the gun. Jarvis stood in the doorway. 

"If anyone takes a step, her brains will be scattered across the floor."

"Just please let me go." I cried as tears fell down my face.

"No."

I took a step closer towards to her.

"Move another step, I'll kill you." Her hands started shaking along with the gun in her hands.

"Don't do this."

"He is the real reason why I raped you." 

I followed her eyes that led to Jarvis.

"How ?"

"He is my ex-fiance. I was caught cheating. Then I saw him move onto you at that bar. I realized how much I was messing up so I was going to apologize to you so I followed you. But I saw you guys leave together. I knew what happened. You got everything you wanted but I was the one left alone by herself,lonely. You took away him and now my sanity. ANd you are not gonna take away my life."

Her finger pressed against the trigger.

POW. POW.

 I closed my eyes ready to die. My body was pushed to the ground by someone. I felt no pain and I opened my eyes. The police was now pushing Rose to the ground and reading her rights. She started screaming.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ! YOU KILLED THE ONLY MAN THAT LOVED ME. YOU WORTHLESS BITCH !"

I turn to my left to see a bloody Jarvis,laying near me. I immediately crawled to him and laid his head in my lap. I saw the blood gushing from his chest.

"Baby your gonna be okay, alright ?"

He smiled.

"We both know that's a lie." He said,lowly chuckling.

"I need you to do something for me." He said, coughing.  I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes,noticing how lifeless they were becoming with every blink.

"Anything for you."

"Take care of him. Name him after me." He said, coughing some more.

"What do you mean ?"

"You will find out soon. Fix your family problems, for me okay ? Do whatever it takes to mend that broken bond. Promise me that."

"I promise." I said, as tears fell down my face. He reached up with a shaky hand and wipe the fallen tears.

"You are way too pretty to cry over me."

"But I love you."

"And I love you too."

"Baby don't close your eyes." I begged as his eyes started to drop.

"I want one thing from you."

"What ?"

"I want you to kiss me before I leave this earth."

"Jarvis stop talking lik-"

"Leydiana."

"Ok." I whispered, leaning down as our lips connected together. I felt him giving his all. I returned the favor. As soon I pulled away, I felt him smile.

"Best last minute of my life ever." He smirked,looking up at the ceiling. He grabbed my hands and kissed them softly.  A single tear fell down his face. His chest stopped moving up and down. His eyes stopped moving. His gripped loosened around my hands.

"Jarvis ?"

He didn't move.

I knew he was dead and nothing could bring him back. I screamed and cried for him to wake up. I wanted this to be a nightmare and wished that I could wake up knowing that he was by my side. I failed.

It was all my fault.

He died because of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is the end of the book.