19.

Sorry for it not being edited and so short.

Leydiana.

"What happened at school today ?"

"What are you talking about ?" I asked as my heart started racing.

"Well there is footage of you pulling down the fire alarm from you school. So that's why we are here."

"Ok ."

Another moment of silence passed before the police officer began speaking again.

"Leydiana we are trying to help you."

"There is nothing you can help me with."

"Well then if you have nothing to say , then you have to be expelled from your school."

"WHAT ?!?!" I shouted.

" Is there anything around this ?" Momma asked.

"Nope. Her record is so long to the point ,this was her official last straw."

"We have footage m'am. IF you admit that you did it, you will have to do community service for two months and two weeks of detention."

"Leydiana, they have evidence." Momma said, looking at me.

"I didn't do it."

"Well then Leydiana Star is officially expelled from New York High School."

The police officers sadly smiled at me and left.

"Leydiana, they had evidence. You could've got off free.I'm so disappointed. " She said,shaking her head and walking up the stairs.

Tears filled my eyes. Jarvis came in from the kitchen and looked at me.

"You are the reason why the fire alarm went off and left early ?"

"But you have to believe me, I.I just need a few days to prove I didn't do it."

"I just don't want you to ruin your high school years over something stupid."

"I'll be fine."

Lani.

Momma sent all my friends home and I understood why. I just don't understand why she didn't want anyone here after us hearing what happened. Kelly decided to stay back with me and just chill.

"Y'all fucking ?"

I jump and look to my door to see Odell standing there.

"No."

"Don't lie."

He said,staring down Kelly before leaving.

"He so scary." Kelly said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh he is actually chill."

"Lies."

A comfortable silence passes before his phone vibrated and he picked up his phone.

Hello.

With Lani why ?......

No I'm not......

You can't force me to....

Why throw him in my face all the time ?...

Don't call my phone then....

He shouted before hanging up and tossing his phone on the bed. He plopped down on the bed with his head in his hands. I crawled behind him and put my hands on his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it ?"

He nodded and sat facing me ,holding my hands in his.

"I had this older brother Courtney. My mom loved feminine names so my dad wasn't surprised when she wanted to give us names. She died giving birth me. I know my dad still blames me for her death even though it was years ago. So he was going to push us to be he man he never was. My dad got injured years ago a couple weeks before he made it to the pros. So he put us in every sports program he could find until Courtney decided soccer and I decided to do basketball. Courtney was jumped one day after his college classes. He was left there for two days before anyone else noticed and it was too late to save him. Now my dad is looking at me like it is some random family destiny for me to fulfill to be the best sports player in the family and actually make it to the pros. I love basketball I really do but it sucks when he takes the fun out of it."

"Have you tried to talk to him about it ?"

"Everytime I try it doesn't work. So I'm just gonna wait til graduation."

"IF you say so but i still think you should talk to him."

"Ok mom I will.Now can I get a kiss ?"

"Nope."