15

Safe house on the top

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova

I felt him move in the bed, making my body freeze up. When he stopped moving, I let out a shaky breath. I slowly turned around to see him facing the other way towards the wall. I got up from the bed, feeling my ribs crack in pain. I forced through tears and grabbed some clothes, leaving. Before I could leave, Odell spoke up.

"Baby, where you going ?"

I froze as my body went cold. I heard his heavy footsteps behind me and I did what I can do best,run. I ran out and got into my Range Rover , pulling off. Tears forced itself out of my eyes as I pulled up to my safe house.

My safe house was this ordinary house that I bought that was crappy but I fixed it up real nice. It's a nice one story home that I'm comfortable in.

I walked into the house and shut the door. I went to the bedroom on the farthest side of the house and laid in it. It wasn't exactly home but it will do.

Odell

I watched Nova leave the driveway, speeding off. What the hell just happened ? All I remember was fucking up yesterday in the game and getting drunk in the club and that was it. I went back upstairs back to our room. Before I sat on the bed , I saw blood in the sheets.
Did we fuck and she dipped on me ? Oh hell no. I grabbed my phone off my dresser and dialed her number. She didn't pick up so I kept blowing up her phone until she started purposely denying my calls. She didn't pick up now but I will get her ass later. My phone vibrated.
Lani - Are we still hanging out today ?
KingO - sure I'll pick you up in an hour
Lani - k
I put my phone down and took a shower.  I got out with that thought in my head.
Did she really fuck me and then dip ? If she did then she fucked up. I went into my closet and pulled out an outfit to wear consisting of jeans and a black shirt with my Oreo Jordans. I went outside to my Range and left the house. I picked up Lani and we went to Dave and Busters. We played a couple games until we sat down and ate.
" Where's ma ?"
My face completely fell.
" I honestly don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know ?"
" I woke up to her leaving the house."
Her eyes widened.
"Oh what you do ?"
" That's the thing. I don't know."
"Oh it will be okay da- Odell." She slightly smiled. I hope it will be.

Leydiana

I sat at the bar, with a drink in my hand. Courtesy of my fake ID, I was able to get in and drink whatever the hell I wanted. I took Lani's card that Odell gave her that she never used anyway. I had it for the last two months without her knowing.

I scan the rest of the bar, to see a darkskin man with his head in his hands. I felt the liquor getting to me but I didn't care. I fixed my dress that was short but showed my curves and walked over. I sat down beside him. He looked at me and looked at my body up and down.

"You look a little too young to be here."

"You look a little too depressed to be here, huh ?"

He smirked and got closer to me.

"Aren't you smart ?"

"I sure am." I said, smiling and taking a shot of Hennessy. I felt the drink burn my throat.I put it down and looked at him.

"So why are you depressed ?"

"My girl...........well ex girl now, was sleeping with one of my teammates."

"That's a bummer."

"Yeah, to think I was going to propose her when I got back from this trip."

"Why did you come here for a trip ?" I asked.

"One of my old college buddies has a family down here and I'm supposed to meet them in two weeks."

"Why take off so long ?"

"I need a break. I haven't had a break from my job in a good two years."

"Understandable. But I still don't know your name."

"Why don't tell me your name first ?" He challenged.

"Fair enough. My name is Ley."

"Hmm. Pretty name for a pretty girl."

My lightskin face blushed with a deep red shade.

"MY name is Jarvis. Jarvis Laundry." He said, holding his hand out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Comment and Vote.

If you would like anything to happen in this book that you think is a good idea, please feel free to comment and/or send me a message.