The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 11]

"Now what?" I asked Ian. We were taking a walk in a nearby park. It was cloudy and slightly chilly, a typical December afternoon.

"I have no idea," he replied. "I keep trying to convince myself that it was a mistake again. But I know it wasn't. I was sober enough to know what I was doing," he told me.

"All I know is that I did feel something. Both times. But you're the one that keeps going back and forth and it's really annoying," I said. He sighed and looked up at the grey clouds. 

"I don't know what to do," he said. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ian! You can't keep kissing me and then telling me it didn't mean anything!" I cried.

"I didn't say that this time!" he defended. "I just don't know if we should start a relationship right now," he said. "Not with the band just getting signed. It might not be good for publicity."

"Are you kidding? No one knows about us yet! And who cares if we're dating? What does that have to do with anything?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I don't think the drama is good for us," he said. I stopped walking and so did he. I stood in front of him and put my arms around his waist. He reached out and stroked my cheek with his thumb. He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. When he broke away, his eyes were still unknowing.

"There doesn't have to be drama," I told him in a gentle voice. He put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"I think we should wait a little bit and see how this band thing plays out first. Then we can make ourselves official," he suggested. I pulled away.

"So what are we supposed to do until then?" I asked him.

"Stick to making out secretly and pretending we hate each other in front of people. I don't want the others to suspect anything," he replied.

"I'm not doing that. We're either together and dating or we have nothing to do with each other besides the band. I'm not going to date you in secrecy," I said. He leaned down and kissed my lips again, this time a little more intensely. When he pulled away, we were both breathing a little hard.

"So you're going to give that up?" he asked me, a small smirk on his face. I opened my mouth and then closed it. Truth was, was that I liked it when he kissed me. It always made my stomach do crazy somersaults. But I couldn't tell him that.

"Yes. I still stand by what I said before," I said. "And also, Caleb already suspects something. And I'm going to tell him everything," I added, beginning to walk again. He sped up to meet my pace.

"No; you can't tell him anything," he said.

"Too bad. I've already made up my mind. I told Mae and now I'm going to tell Caleb," I argued. He cursed under his breath.

"You told Mae?" he asked.

"Everything," I replied.

"I should've known. You can't tell Caleb," he said.

"I already told you, I'm going to tell him. He's the only one in the band that I can get along with really well. I'm not going to keep this from him," I said. He gave me a frustrated look.

"God, you are so freaking stubborn," he hissed.

"Yeah? Well maybe that's something we have in common," I said.

"Yeah? You think? What else do we have in common?" he asked.

"We're both attractive and hot-headed. We love music. And we like kissing each other," I said. He stopped and forced back a smile.