The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 23]

"You're mad at me," Ian said.

"Correct," I mumbled.

We were walking together in the park. I folded my arms over my chest and walked in silence next to Ian.

"This is so dumb, Vanessa. Just because I wanted to answer her questions..." Ian began, but I cut him off.

"It's not only that, though, Ian. Ever since we've been getting more and more famous, you've been getting more and more arrogant. It's really annoying," I told him.

"You call it arrogance and I call it living the dream," Ian said.

"So living the dream means being a jerk to everyone, including your girlfriend and band mates?" I asked him. He frowned.

"You guys are all being way too dramatic about this," he said.

"And you're acting too non-chalant about it. You need to fix your attitude, Ian," I replied. He sighed and then grabbed my arm, pulling me closer to him. I looked away, not wanting to see his face.

"Don't be mad," he said softly, placing his finger on my chin and moving my head so it was facing him. He had a soft, but cocky expression on his face. He brushed my now-long hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ears. Then he leaned down to kiss me, but I moved my face. "Vanessa, don't be that way," he said. I gave him an annoyed glare.

"Stop being an arrogant bastard, then," I said. Now he glared at me.

"I don't understand why you're acting like this, because I didn't interrupt you at all during that whole interview," he hissed.

"But you did for Caleb!" I exclaimed, frustrated.

"What's he to you?" he asked.

"He's my friend--!" I began, but paused. I heard a giggling from a nearby tree. I turned to see a group of three teenaged girls, their hands over their mouths, their phones out. Ian turned to look, too, and the girls burst into a fit of girlish shrieks.

"Oh my gosh! It's Ian from The Velocity!" one of them cried. I narrowed my eyes at them. Couldn't they see we were having a private moment? The three of them walked up to us.

"Can-can we get a picture with you?" one of them asked Ian in an annoying high-pitched and flirty voice.

"Yeah, sure," Ian said, flashing a wide grin at them.

"Can you take it for us?" they asked me. My mouth opened slightly as one of them handed me a camera from her purse. I raised an eyebrow at Ian, who nodded slightly at me.

"Sure," I said in a bittersweet voice. I snapped a few pictures of the three girls with Ian and then they asked him to sign their shirts. And then all three of them hugged him and then they walked away, swaying their skinny little hips in an exaggerated way.

"Wow, my first fan encounter," he said, watching them walk off. I squared my jaw and glared at him. "It's not my fault!" he cried, putting his hands up.

"This whole fame thing is going to come back and kick you in the ass one day," I told him, walking again. He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me to him so quickly that I didn't have time to fight him off. Before I knew it, his lips were crashing down on mine and he was kissing me ferociously. I pulled away after a moment of struggling, slightly breathless. His eyes were intense.

"I GOT IT!" we heard. We turned to see one of the three girls jumping up and down with her camera. They had hidden and taken a picture of us kissing. Then they ran off seeing my face. I sent a death glare at Ian and then stomped off.

"Where are you going?" he called after.

"Away from you!" I replied, walking faster so he couldn't catch up.