The Only Girl in the Band...[Part 16]

"Mmm, how long has it been since we last kissed like that?" Ian asked. We had been walking in park together and were now sitting under the shade of a tree.

"Forever," I mumbled, leaning against him. He put his arm around me and rested his head on mine.

"This band thing is taking over our lives," he said.

"Wow, I never expected to hear those words come out of your mouth," I said. He chuckled lightly.

"I can't believe we're finally almost done with the album," he said. I nodded.

"A year's worth of hard work," I said.

"It took forever, but it doesn't seem like it when you look back," he said.

"I'm so excited to finally actually travel to places that aren't in the West," I said. We sat in silence for a few moments. "What do you think Paul's going to talk to us about tomorrow?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Plans for the summer probably. God, I really hope we got into Bamboozle. That would be the best thing in the world. We'd be able to tour with all of the bands that we want to be like. Having all those people there to coach us and give us advice would so awesome," Ian replied.

"All Time Low, Good Charlotte, The Maine, Cobra Starship," I listed.

"And a hell of a lot more," he added. I felt myself smiling, imagining how great it would be to tour with bands like those.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~

"Good news!" Paul said, rubbing his hands together. We all immediately lit up. It was always reassuring when Paul was in a good mood. That meant that we weren't going to be drilled for something stupid. "

"We...got into Bamboozle!" he exclaimed. I let out a squeal and the boys looked at me and laughed.

"No way?!" Liam exclaimed. Paul nodded vigorously, obviously excited.

"The line-up is great. It's all the great current pop-punk bands. And guess who you'll be opening for?" he asked.

"Who?!" I asked, gripping Caleb's arm tightly.

"All Time Low!" he said. We let out shouts of excitement. It would be so awesome, opening up for a popular band like All Time Low. And we had already opened for them in Arizona, so we knew them.

"Aside from that, we're still editting the album. I want to release the album after the tour, that way you can build up a bigger fan-base and hopefull that'll boost the album sales. Unfortunately, with the internet today, lots of kids are just downloading music illegally instead of actually buying it. Hopefully you guys can win over some loyal All Time Low fans," Paul said once we calmed down. "Also, I got you guys an interview with Kiss FM. You're going to talk to the guys over there and also play an acoustic version of one of your songs," he continued.

"Sweet. Everyone listens to Kiss FM," Camron said.

"Right you are. And that's what's so great about it. Right now we're in the middle of getting you guys popular. All of this publicity is to boost sales for your first album. If we get a good rating for this album and you guys make a good name for yourselves out there, it'll be perfect and even easier the second time around," Paul explained. We nodded. "Now, Vanessa. You may want to think about making a signature style for yourself, something that other girls can look up to. Being the only girl in the band, you stick out, and that's a good thing and we want to play off of that. Your hair is a good start. But you might want to think about changing your wardrobe a little. It's a little too...tom-boyish," Paul said, turning to me. The boys snorted with laughter. I sent them a mock-glare. "Other than that, I have nothing else to say to you guys. The tour starts June 15th, so be ready and packing. We're getting a tour bus!" he exclaimed.