Chapter 5

We made it to the cabin. Losing those things on the way. Whatever they were, they were loud and gross. We parked the car in the garage, and headed inside with amelia and our supplies. I set amelia down in the bedroom and let her sleep while she could. I came out and seen josh sitting on the couch. Elbows on his knees, hands together and his hands down. Like he was a prisoner. I wanted to sit next to him, try and make him feel better. I didn't know what to say though. I just decided to start making some food. I guess canned french grean beans was for dinner. I opened the can and heard josh turn the radio on.
"Whatever you do, Make sure you stay in your homes. Defend yourselves with weapons, anything to keep your family safe, if you have children please. Keep an eye on them. Stay away from windows." I kept cooking and listened in the background.
"140 found dead already, only in jackson county. These things are dangerous. They will eat whatever they see. Please stay away from all-" the same things over and over again. I cant help but think they could eat ANYTHING, but then again, they ate jackie. God, poor josh. Even though I hated his guts for leaving us. I felt bad and still loved him.
"Hear that danny?" Josh said.
"Yep. Amelia's sleeping in the bed. She should be fine."
"Bring her out here, by the fire..."I went and got her out of the bedroom and gave her to josh. He held her close and was rocking her.
"Josh, shes 3, she can fall sleep without you rocking her..." I said.
"I know, I just want to show her I love her."
His facial expression showed hurt, pain, sleepiness. He kissed her forehead and set her down on the pillow. She rolled over waking up for a second, but fell right back asleep.
"Here." I said handing josh the green beans in a bowl.
"I remember when we bought this cabin" he said.
"Me too. The fridge is still stuffed with food from last year when we had that family reuinion" he giggled.
"I cant believe shes gone danny. I cant believe this is happening"
"I know, I know, it'll all be over soon, everything will be ok...maybe we can start over"
"Yeah now that jackies dead..."
"I didnt mean it--"
"I know." he set the bowl down and stormed off into the bedroom. He came out with a shotgun and bullets minutes later.
"Just incase, ill sleep out here tonight" even though it was 3 pm, everything outside was dark. It was like the world was ending. I had the worst feeling that things werent going to get better, I bring amelia back into the bedroom with me and laid her next to me, as I fell asleep.