Chapter 9

Josh opened the door, tiptoeing onto the lawn and getting the gun ready. He pointed it at the things head, he was probably 7 yeards away. The thing was still eating. It looked up and made eye contact with its live prey, josh. His hands were shaking. The thing began limping towards him. Inch by inch, josh aimed better. The thing was about 4 yards away when he took the shot. The thing fell to the floor, and josh ran to get the gun and the backpack. He rushed inside locking the door behind him. He stuck the smaller shotgun in the sink, and dumped the contents of the backpack onto the couch. He ran downstairs throwing it in the washer.
"Hurry rummage through the bag, if any of it is filled with blood throw it back into the woods. If its something we need make a seperate pile..." He began washing the gun.
I looked through the bag. A box of shotgun shells, a medikit with 10x more supplies than the one we had. Lots of valuable stuff. I then found a wallet. It was empty except for a picture of a little girl. It was fragile and the corners were folded. It had faded color, and it was very light. The girl was snuggling a teddy bear. She was probably 2 or three like amelia. For some reason, the picture reminded me of her. That was probably the mans daughter or grandaughter. How sad. The thought of leaving amelia gave me the chills.
"Anything good?" Josh asked drying the gun.
"Yea! Lots of things!" I said taking the picture and putting it in my pocket.
"Go put it in the duffle bag would ya?" I put it in there realizing we had 3 guns now. More than we were bargaining for actually. Josh set the shotgun in with our other shotgun and the handgun. The one we just got was empty and smaller, but we had alot of bullets. We were doing good so far as I said. So far.