Chapter 13

After we got out of the shower, and everybody was nice and clean, we headed off to bed, it would be nice to finally be able to sleep again. Without having to worry. We assumed the place was safe, locks on windows, doors, even the fridge. Just as we were drifting asleep. We heard talking. I glanced at josh. And he gave me a confused look.
"I dont know! I doubt they can lock doors..." We heard the people whisper. Josh stood up and peeked throuh the door hole. There was a family. Of four. A teenage girl, and a teenage boy. Along with parents in their 30s. Josh looked confused. He made his voice sound deep.
"Is anybody there..?" He asked the people nodded there heads.
"Yes. We were just wondering of we could borrow some food" josh stood up and tossed some peanut butter crackers from under the door.
"Leave."
"Can we please just introduce ourselves?"
"Any weapons?"
"No..." They held their hands up and fiddle with their pockets. Josh unlocked the door, and let them in. He locked the door afterwards.
"Im katey, this is my husband mike, my daughter lindsy, and camerons my son" they waved nervously at me. I smiled.
"I see you have a baby!" Katey said. Excitedly.
"I do, she is three and her names amelia."
"Amelia?" Linsdey said.
"Thats a pretty name" she added.
"Thank you, why are you here?"
"Oh yes, sorry we just came and asked for food. Its been 2 days and the kids were starving. We were staying up on the top floor and heard you..."
"We have food I can make you guys if you want..." I said. They disaprooved but I knew they needed it, no matter what they were going to say. I started some chicken nuggets I took from the gas station.
"Do you think we can stick together?" Mike asked josh. Josh looked at me and I approved. I tried to put myself in their situation. They got up and hugged me tightly. All of them seemed nice.
"We thank you so much, I promise to share supplies" mike said.
"But you have a baby, so no need to share unless needed" katey said. We all nodded and made up a plan for the next day.