Chapter 12

(Sorry the picture has such a bad rez)
We made it to an old motel, really original, and outdated. Me and my mom stayed here one time when we were little. They used to have a pool, but there was an incident. So they got rid of it. We were there when it happened. I was little and didnt really understand but i knew something was wrong when my mom covered my eyes and we ran. Of course, all the people that were staying here were gone. It seemed like we were the only ones in the city, heck in the country. It was scary being so alone. We were in the lobby. We shut the door, and put the front desk in front of the door, we went to the elavator. It was broken. We decided to stay in the last floor. Incase we needed to get out. There was windows and the door was closer. We found a room that was halfway clean. We lay amelia on the bed and she crawled under the covers. She was just as scared as us. In her mind, they're monsters from a silly book I read to her. When in our eyes, They are dangerous. We were unpacking and josh checked for running water.
"It works, I'm gonna hop in the shower" he said. I started making amelia a pbnj sandwich. She started eating.
"What are those things mom?"
"They are meanies remember? We had that talk?"
"Yea, why were they after me? Im nice!"
"You are a very nice little girl, but they dont like anybody"
"They are loud and they sound icky"
"They are, thats why we have to stay away."
"I will" she smiled at me, and her eyes shined. I could tell she felt safer here. When josh got out, I took amelia in and started running her a bath.
"Ready for a bath?" I asked her exitingly.
"Yea!" She grabbed the soap from the side of the tub putting in 6 pumps. She liked it really bubbly. I put her inside and started washing her hair. I noticed she was humming. I tried to listen carefully. As she made herself a santa beard with the bubbles I realized it was mocking bird.
"Hush little baby dont say a word, mommas gonna buy you a mocking bird" I said singing to her music. She smiled and kept going.
"And if that mocking bird dont sing, mommas gonna buy you a diamond ring," she kept going.
"And if that diamond turns to brass, mommas gonna buy you a looking glass" she looked at me silly.
"I think your singing it wrong" I laughed and finished her bath. I really didnt know that song 100% but we tried. It was those little moments I want to remember if the world ends because of those things.