Chapter 23

*lindsey explaining what happened*
"I went to grab the shotgun from the bag in the van, after I saw what-what my dad was doing, I ran so fast danny. I tried so hard to go as fast as I could. But I kept crying and running out of breath cuz I knew I was going to shoot-shoot my dad, I went inside, he was still holding amelia. He looked at me. And thats when josh went after him. I shot my dad. Since the shotgun has more than one barrel, it got you in the arm." She pointed to my upper arm. I looked down and it was covered in gauze and tape.
"Thank you. For saving amelia. Lindsey...that was very brave and courageous of you." I could tell she wanted to cry. She killed her dad to save somebody she barely knew. She watched her brother die. What about her mom?"
"What about katey?"
"She was outside making noise to attract the zombies, mom hated me anyway"
"No, lindz she didnt. But--"
"They did! The night, the night cameron died, I got up to see him, mom was laying beside his dead body, holding his hand, crying. I went to her and she said
"You are an evil devil child! You're a whore!" She screamed. I would have laughed. But it was coming from my mother"
"She was just hurt at the time lindz..."
"I know. Theres been so much more than that from the past, I miss her though"
"Your mom seemed like such a sweet person"
"She was always like that. Except when nobody was around. She used to beat me and cameron if we didnt do her maid like tasks. She would hit us with metal rods from the shower curtain. Thats why it hurt me to see dad die. He was the only one that loved us." She began balling. I felt bad for her now, but it was more than that. I had no idea.
"Cameron is so lucky to be in heaven, with grandma and uncle steve" lindsey smiled for the first time in a long time.
"Thats why I didn't feel bad when josh shot him. I cried. But tears of joy. He always wanted to be with grandma. For the longest of times..." She snapped out of her cry-fest.
"Thank you danny" I hugged her tight with my one arm.
"Thank you lindz. I love you like my own daughter. If you knew how greatful I am for you aving amelia like that, you would have everything youve ever wanted" I said. That made her smile. That made her feel better about what was happening. She got up and started making dinner. Josh pulled onto the side of the road.
"Hey you're up!" He kissed my forhead.
"Im so glad your ok"
"Me too"
"I can't belive this is all happening..."
"I know. Me either."
"Im just glad your ok..." He looked up and lindsey and she smiled back. Off to our safe home.
Yay! The book has over 300 reads! Thanks guys! I want to see how many comments we can get. Flood the comments just saying if you are enjoying this book or not and WHY. Thanks again for the reads and votes! You guys ARE THE BEST! You can check out my other books to if you havent already.