June 7th, 1944 (Evening)

Josie made her way back to the farmhouse in the late evening. The melancholy feeling from earlier in the day still seemed to follow her around like an ever threatening cloud. She knew there was a nice bruise on her left check from her encounter with Christoph. Dread filled her heart when as she paused before the barn door. She could care less about one more hit from the man but she knew the sight of another injury would upset Joe.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts and slowly pulled open the door. Everyone was scattered about getting ready for the night but they all turned and watched her enter the space. Josie gave a quick smile keeping her head low as she started to head over to speak to Jean. She didn't have to look around the room for Joe. She could feel his eyes on her from the second she walked in and knew he would come to her. She got a quick update from Jean before she felt his presence behind her. She turned slowly to meet his gaze and watched as his features contorted into pure anger as he took sight of her face.

"I'll kill him." Joe growled out as he looked over her face.

"No!" Josie said harshly. She was filled with just as much hatred as him and she wasn't going to hide behind the sweet smile and pleasantries any longer. "After everything he has done to me, no one will get the satisfaction of ending his life but me." Josie's eyes were narrowed as she spoke darkly. The swirling mix of emotions overtaking her normally sparkling blue eyes.

Joe's features relaxed as he looked into her eyes. The anger was gone in an instant and replaced with nothing but concern for the woman before him. "Josie..."

"Don't." She stopped him quickly putting her hand up as she looked away to compose herself.

"Are you okay?" Joe whispered as he took a step closer completely ignoring the hand she had held up to stop him.

"I will be. Let's just focus on the task at hand. We have a bridge to destroy." Her low voice was heartbreaking to him but he knew that she was right. It would probably be the best medicine for both of them to accomplish the mission they had that night.

Joe cleared his throat and took a step back. "We're all set on our end. How about you guys?"

"Pierre's grabbing the last of the dynamite we have and then we'll be good to go. Who did you chose?" She was back to her normal self as she proceeded with business as usual.

Joe gave a low whistle and waved a group of guys over to meet them. "You met Davidson and Mahaci the other day. This is Smith and Nolan."

"Nice to meet you boys." She shook each of their hands just as Pierre came into the barn with a bag over his shoulder. "Looks like we're all set." She said once she got a nod of affirmation from her friend.

"Ladies first." Joe held his hand out gesturing towards the door.

"Such a gentleman." She smirked as she pulled the door open and they all filed out behind her.

They made their way silently towards the bridge in question just outside of the town they were in. It was a bit of a walk especially since they had to stick to the shadows as much as possible. They stopped at a crossing point in the river and broke up into two groups. Mahaci, Davidson, Nolan and Jean went to the other side of the river in order to take out the guards on both ends simultaneously. Pierre, Smith, Joe and Josie continued on their way stopping once the bridge came in sight. Two Germans stood guard but they looked exhausted. Josie had timed the attack right before the shift change so they would catch them at a vulnerable point.

The four of them stayed hidden until they heard the chirping sound of Mahaci's cricket noise maker. They were in position and there were three guards on their end. With a smile Josie undid an extra button and ran a hand over her hair. "Show time." She said with a grin before moving out of the shadows and towards the guards.