The Fall of The Loonatics: Part 1

Lexi slept soundly in her bed, unaware of what was about to happen. Her door slid open automatically as usual, with an unexpected visitor. The figure silently grabbed he covers, then ripped them off as quick as possible. Startling her as she woke up. "Get-up-Lexi-it's-Christmas-time-to-open-gifts-we-all-got-each-other-I'm-so-excited-so-cmon-get-up-there-is-already-breakfast-made-too-get-up-GET-UP-GET-UP!" She then heard Rev quickly talk.

"Nnn... What time is it.." She sighed in sleeplessness. "Uhh.. 10 o'clock.." She heard Tech chuckle from the main room. She knew she had to get up. It was too late for her to sleep anyways. Especially on Christmas. She usually woke up at 7:00, then trained in the danger room all morning. But that wasn't gonna happen after all that happened the previous night.

She blushed at even the slightest thought of the last night. Thinking of Ace made her feel warm. And happy. "Is Ace up yet.." She asked. "Who do you think woke us up.." Duck said in his usual annoyed tone. Lexi rolled her eyes, as she flung her legs over her hammock. "Ace never went back to sleep... Poor thing." She thought to herself.

She quickly stood up, and stretched. "Look who finally decided to get up." Ace chuckled as he saw her walk over towards him. He was working on making some coffee. As soon as she reached him, she looked around to see if they were looking at the two rabbits.

Luckily, they were all still sorting presents. So, she quickly pecked him on the cheek. He stopped what he was doing and looked at her with big eyes. "I.. Still don't know how we're gonna tell them. But it'll be easier since its Christmas." He chuckled. "Yeah, and if we don't they'll find out eventually." She countered.

"Hey! Hurry up and get over here! I'm anxious to see what I got!" Duck yelled at the two rabbits at the counter. They both shrugged, and let the coffee brew as they walked over. "Merry-Christmas-everyone!" Rev said happily as he ran by each member and placed Santa hats on their heads. Which only took seconds of course.

"Now that we're all ready, who wants to go first?" Ace asked as he sat down on the floor around the tree with Lexi and the others. "Me me me me! I waited longest! I go first!!" Danger Duck yelled at everyone. "Oh my god fine." Lexi facepalmed in annoyance.

Duck cheered, as he began unwrapping his first gift. "Oh boy oh boy oh boy!! I can't wait to- He stopped. "Uh.. Slam... What the hell is this?" He asked, as he held out a giant sized stress ball. "Red ball!" The Tasmanian cheered happily. "Cmon Duck! Appreciate what you get!" Lexi yelled at the selfish bird.

"Fine.. Thanks Slam.." Duck moped. "I think our, amazing and selfless leader should go next." Tech said happily. "Well, thanks Tech." Ace acknowledged. He picked out a random gift from his bunch, then began to open it.

"Wow... I don't believe it.." He said in shock. He pulled out, a brand new set of self-adjusting wrist gauntlets. "Wow, Tech. This is amazing!" He said happily. "That's not all, press the green button." Tech added. Anxious, Ace pressed the button as instructed.

A red light illuminated from both gauntlets, as they flew at Ace. Once they did, they automatically fit themselves around his arms. "Woah... I can't wait to try these in the training room!!" He said, psyched. "Sorry to ruin the surprise, but everyone got a set. A little gift from me." Tech said happily.

Everyone opened their same boxes, and fit into their gauntlets as well. "This is going too slow! Why don't we all go together!" Duck complained. "That's actually not a bad idea." Lexi agreed with Duck for once. Everyone then scrambled quickly into their presents.

Wows, yelps of joy, and laughs were shared as the gifts were opened. Lexi opened Ace's gift, while he opened hers as well. Her gift to him was a new speaker so when he plays his music while he is in the training room. His gift to her, was a new music player. They all knew how she loved her music.

An hour passed, as every team member was messing around with their new gifts. Yet they were still in their pajamas. "Well, now I'm bored." Duck said, then walked towards the TV. He grabbed the remote, and turned it on. It was already set on the news station, which he was too lazy to change.

"God Duck, there's a remote for a reason! Just hit the channel changer!" Lexi complained. "It's too far.." He said lazily, as he barely reached for it. She rolled her eyes, and walked back to the table where she was opening her new music player.

As soon as she sat down, the TV player loudly. The screen said "Breaking News" right in the middle in bold.

News reporter: "Breaking News! We have captured footage of Unidentified objects flying in the sky! It has been years without an incident in Acmetropolis. Thanks to our very own Loonatics! They seem to be.. Missiles! Is this a military experiment? Or is it a threat? We may never know. Back to you Allen." The lady said loudly.

"Missiles?!" Everyone said at once as they joined Duck by the TV. He stayed on the couch, as the others stood behind it and watched. "Big rocket!" Slam said fearfully. "That's no military! They don't make that grade of weapons! I should know, I designed them!" Tech said in shock.

"Ehh." Duck said, then suddenly turned the tv off. "DUCK WHAT THE HELL!!" Everyone yelled. "Oh take a chill pill. Nothing has happened to this city in years. We'll be fine." Duck argued calmly. "Danger, I am so sick of your carelessness!" Lexi yelled.

"Oh boohoo. Listen to your music and don't bother me." Duck snickered. "You idiot!! Give me the remote!" Lexi yelled. "Nope." He laughed then teleported behind her. "Give it NOW!!" She yelled in fury. "Ooooo I'm so sca- he was stopped, while she grabbed his throat.

"Give it. To me." She said sternly. He then teleported again. "You're always so mean to me!" He said, slightly fearing the raging rabbit. "Duck just give her the same remote." Tech said, annoyed.

"I'm mean because you're a selfish idiot!" She ignores Tech.

"I'm an idiot? Well you can be s total-" he stopped.

"A total what? Spit it out! I DARE YOU!!" She screamed.

"Fine!! A. TOTAL. BEOTCH!!" Duck finally yelled. Everyone looked at him in shock. Even Lexi. "Go put your training uniform on..." Lexi said quietly, but angrier than anyone has ever seen her.

"Cuz I'm gonna beat your ass.." She said.

But no one noticed, Rev just turned the tv on from the power button on the TV.

"This just in! The UFO's are head straight for Loonatics HQ!" They then heard the TV. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Lexi has her hand around Duck's throat, as they both turned to look at the screen. It was live video of the missiles headed towards the tower.

Ace quickly turned around, and looked out the massive window. Multiple missiles were coming towards the tower. And fast. "HIT-THE-DEC- Rev was cut off by one making contact with the window, and flying into the building.

Everyone was quickly knocked down, with everything in the main room nearly destroyed. Ace got off Lexi, who he was covering. "We can't stay here!! We gotta go- He was also cut off by more missiles hitting the tower even lower, and at the floor above them.

The ceiling started caving in, as the roof was falling on them. "MOVE!!" Ace pushed everyone out of the way. He used his laser vision to blast the shards to pieces. "We can't stay here! Get to the emergency exits! Go to the Training room!Now!" "But Ace- "I SAID NOW!!" Ace yelled at Rev. They had no choice, they had to listen to their leader's order.

"Ace! Where are you going!!?" Lexi said in fear, being the last to leave. "Setting up the defenses!! Go with the others Lex. Now!" He said, as he ran in his tattered clothes. He ran straight to the lab below them. He saw the door jammed with ruble, so he had to shoot through the vents.

He landed uneasily on the half destroyed lab. The glass from a window cut his shoulder as he landed. He look around for the defenses. As he ran by the destroyed window, he then saw a gunship chopper ascend to his level. "Not this time, rabbit!!" The speaker yelled.

Ace watched in fear, not knowing what to do. The chopper then shot more rockets into that floor, destroying the controls and throwing Ace 10 feet back into broken concrete. Ace tried to move, but it hurt his back too much. But he had to think fast.

So without time to do so, he fired his laser vision at the chopper. Missing it by a hair. He went up another level, and fired more rockets. Making the ceiling above him break to pieces and start falling.

"AHH!!" He yelled in fear, waiting for the concrete to fall and take his life.