Old Times

He let her out first, then stepped out as well. He pressed a button on his old wrist gauntlet, and the door closed, as the vehicle went cloaked. "Would ya look at that... Still kept one of Tech's old gauntlets." She smirked. "It's really handy." He chuckled.

He led her towards the back door, and let her into the warm house first. She took a look around as soon as she walked in. She immediately noticed it was a hundred times better than anything she ever found. "Dang Ace.. I don't know how you found a place this nice." She said in shock.

"Yeah, well over a course of a year or so I've kind of furnished it a little. Cmon. Let's get you warmed up, then I'll take care of that gash on your head." He said, helpfully. He walked her towards the fire, and told her to take a seat on the floor by it.

"Be right back. Get warm." He smiled, then walked off. As she sat by the fire, she continued to get warm and gaze at the house. What really caught her eyes, was what was above the fireplace on the wall. Something that nearly made her break down.

It was a picture of the entire team. She noticed Duck and Slam's faces were crossed off, with a stamp that said "apprehended" over each one of them. She didn't want to believe it, but neither did Ace. They were just rumors he heard, so he went by them.

She gently smiled, as she looked at the picture of the two rabbits standing in the back, with her hugging his neck with a warm smile. She was smiling so bright, her eyes were closer shut. Ace's were also shut happily, as he let her jump on him. She still remembered the day they took it.

"Alright. Let's get you cleaned up." He said warmly. He got down on the shag carpet rug, and got closer to her. Smoothly, he easily moved her hair out of her face, and looked at her gorgeous eyes. "Okay, be still. It's gonna sting a little." He said. She nodded in agreement.

He then slowly eased his arm with the rag towards her forehead. As he placed it, she immediately griped her eyes shut, and made a quiet sound in pain. "It's alright. It's just cold water." He said calmly. As he moved it around a little, that's what really made it stung.

Without thinking, she grabbed his hand for something to squeeze on. He didn't mind either. As he slowly took off the rag, she opened her eyes, and loosened her grip. He started to wipe away all the runny blood from her face then.

But, he stopped. He and Lexi were both staring at each other with blank expressions. He slowly took the rag off her face, as he noticed her blush. Then he felt his face get warm. Memories then flood the two rabbits. Memories of almost the exact same thing. Both feeling nothing but each other's souls.

"*clears throat* well... Better make something to eat." He said awkwardly, then stood up. "Hungry?" He questioned, as he walked away into the kitchen. She slightly nodded, as she was still so stunned. "What just... Happened?" She asked, as she carefully felt the warmness of her face.
__________________________

Lexi was into a deep slumber, in Ace's usual bed. But being a gentlerabbit, he let her take it as he took the couch. He didn't mind sleeping on the couch, which made no difference because he didn't sleep a whole lot anyways. Secretly, nightmares still flooded his mind. But who was he gonna tell? He was all alone.

As Lexi lied comfortably in a sweet dream, something woke her up. She does have super hearing after all. She quietly sat up, listening. "What's going on.." She said as she rubbed her eyes roughly. Sleep was one thing she needed right now.

She then heard a slightly loud crash, like glass broke. Thinking Ace was messing around the house, she tried going back to sleep. But, she heard it again. This time, only louder. Feared as someone was in Ace's house, she quickly ran out of the room into the living room.

She searched for a light switch, then flipped one up on the wall. The living room light came on, revealing something scary. Ace was on his knees on the floor, with the glass table broken everywhere, near the couch. "Ace!" She then said in fright. She quickly ran to his aid.

She grabbed his arm, trying to life him up. "T-the needle on the t-table... G-get it.." He said weakly. She looked over his shoulder, and saw a syringe lying on the small coffee table. She quickly ran over, collected it, then ran back to his aid and handed it to him.

He grabbed it, then laid back against the footpad of the couch. He then stuck the syringe in his waist, and pushed the button down. Lexi flinched at such a sight like that. Then, she immediately noticed the color come back to his face. Panicking, she grabbed his arm once again.

She then slowly started helping him up. "I'm f-fine... Just set me on the couch.." He said, still partially weak. "Oh my god! Are you alright?!!" She asked in fear. "Yeah.." He slowly tried to stand up, but wobbled. "What happened?! What was that??" She asked, still concerned.

He then fell back on the ground. Saddened, she had to help him up once again slowly. But this time as he tries to stand up, she made him sit down. "You're too weak to be moving around." She took care of him. "Now tell me.. What happened to you? I thought you almost died!! You lost all the color in your face!" She said, scared.

"That syringe, is the only thing keeping me alive. Atleast, until I can get real medical help." He sighed. "It has a substance that puffs up and turns solid in my stomach. Keeping my organs from colliding." He said, panting. It horrified Lexi to hear this news.

"Well, that's all the sleep I'm getting for tonight. I think you should go back to bed. Rest up." He said, as he lied back down carefully. "No, you need sleep. You've been tired, I can tell. 5 hours isn't gonna cut it for you." She scolded. "Lex, I'm fine. You don't need to help me, I don't want you losing sleep over me." He said calmly, but still weak.

"Neither do you. As usual, you work too hard. And I'm not sleeping another minute until I see you sleeping." She crossed her arms. "Lex, please. Just go- "Not until my leader is finally my leader again." She said sternly. "*long sigh* Always so stubborn.." He lightly chuckled.

"From now on, our first priority is finding you professional help for your injury." She said. He pulled the covers back on, then smiled as he closed his eyes. "Because... I care for your well being more than my own." She said familiarly, then grabbed his hand.

He knew she was quoting him, so he just continued to smile. She smiles also, then let go of his hand before standing up. She walked back to her room, then finally closed the door, going back to sleep. Which was hard to go back to after an episode like that.
__________________________

Knix, sat on his "throne", watching the multiple security monitors. Many of them, were people trying to be happy with their families on Christmas. Some others, were innocent civilians being either executed or taken into custody by his police force.

He chuckled at such a sight. "Pathetic humans. Waste of life." He laughed under his mask. But his fun was short, as one of his minions ran through the door, scared of his reaction. "Sir! I-I think you might wanna take a look at these." He said with security footage in his shaking hands.

He swiped the tablet from his hand, as the minion saw his eyes redden with rage. "There's no way... THERE'S NO WAY!!" He yelled in complete anger. He watched the clip play over and over. "Where was this..." He gritted his teeth under his mask.

"On the outskirts of Acmetropolis s-sir." He said. The clip of two rabbits flying away in a police cruiser played one last time before he broke it over his knee.