Retaliation

"Colonel... The time to strike is now." Knix said sternly. "Understood. Where do we send them? They're anxious to kill." The half robot, half alien answers back. "Seal off the city, and keep the people trapped inside... No escape. No mercy! The people want to fight back? Let's teach them a lesson!" Knix said as he slammed his fist on the arm of his throne.

He nodded, then walked back to the hangar bay. As he approached the catwalk, he over looked thousands of soldiers. From alien warriors, to mechanized murderers. His army was finally ready to wipe out an entire super city. Which was Acmetropolis.

"MEN... ARE YOU READY!!!"

"HIZZAAHHHH!!!"

"TODAY WE PROVE THE POWER THAT IS COMMANDER KNIX!!!"

"HIZAAHHH!!"

"LETS SHOW THESE MORTALS THE PRICE OF REBELLION!!"

"HIZZAAHHHH!!!"

Suddenly, the back wall slowly lowered downwards into a gigantic ramp. The men stood on the very edge of it, feeling wind hit them hard in the face. All the living soldiers, put on their specialized helmets and flight suits. "GRAND ARMY OF THE EMPIRE OF KNIX... LAUNCH!!!" He yelled.

Every single solider there was, jumped off the edge of the massive carrier. Each equipped with a parachute and an arsenal of weapons. The lower they fell, the more of the city that was visible. Right above were the old Loonatics tower stood, was the height where they needed to pull their cords.

As they did so, they hit the ground safely but firmly. "Spread out!! Kill anything on sight!!" A massive and armored soldier screamed. He, and every other man and robot there was scattered throughout Acmetropolis within only hours.
__________________________

Ace sat under a partially roofed alley, with his head lying against the cold brick wall. His hood was off, with his ears partially wilted. He had his head up, but his eyes were closed as he was in deep thought. Multiple flashbacks flew through his brain. It was one of the only things keeping his mind off the cold.

He thought of all the laughs, cries, and even heartfelt moments that were shared with The Loonatics. Like the time they got buzzed at the club on Christmas Eve. And the time he had a thing for Lexi. He knew deep inside he still did though.

Or, when he saved her from being blown to smithereens by Tech's bomb on the battlefield. Then all of the sudden, all the good memories in his head were just the ones of he and Lexi. He just couldn't get the thought of her losing her life out of his head. Especially by his screw ups.

He's screwed up multiple times, and he knew it. But his most regrettable ones, were the ones where Lexi nearly died. Right before his eyes. And he knew it was all his fault. It started to bother him. Give him stress, like it did so many years ago. So much stress, he could get migraines from it.

He angrily hit the side of the wall, putting a hole in it. He thought of the two times he got her shot, because of his bad calls. "You idiot.." He cursed himself. The more he thought of it, the angrier he got. His teeth started to clench while his fists got tighter.

"YOU IDIOT!!" Ace finally yelled. He jumped in the air, and punched a clean hole through the wall in front of him. When he pulled his fist out, chunks of the wall flew out as well. It made a hole about the size of a bowling ball. "Hey! I heard something from over there!" He then heard.

Shocked by another person's voice, Ace looked at the end of the alley. He saw multiple lights and red lasers head his way. He quickly front flipped on the wall, the jumped to the other wall, then landed on the roof. He then examined the area.