Time Expires

"Oh my god... Ace!" She yelled in joy. She quickly wrapped her hands around his neck, and he hugged her back. Her grip was so tight, she didn't want to let go. "I can't believe it...y-you're alive!!" She cried tears of joy. He was so dumbfounded, he didn't know what to say.

"I missed you so much." He finally said, as he pulled her off and looked at her happily, as he held her by her shoulders. Tears still streamed down her face, eventually mixing in with her running blood. His face went straight to serious, as he took a look at it. He easily slid his finger down it.

"What happened to you.." He asked calmly. "I just hit it on a window ledge." She explained, half embarrassed. He kept the same stern look at her head then stood up. "Cmon." He said and helped her up. "We're going back to somewhere safe. My place." He said calmly.

"How far is that?" She asked. "50 miles away." He answered briefly as he smiled at her. She missed that about Ace. Always a positive thinker. Until she was knocked out of Lala land. "Wait... 50 miles?! What the hell are you doing out in the cold that long!" "No, what are you doing out here! You have nothing on but a pink shirt and pants!" He argued back.

"... I lost my home. Again." She said, as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck. "Again?" He questioned. "I find old abandoned buildings and take them as houses. But like other old things, they fall apart or get destroyed." She sighed. He looked down in pain.

"How did you get so far? Without freezing to death?" She asked. "I have a stolen police vehicle. I run around looking for people in help. We may no longer be The Loonatics, but I still help people." He said proudly. This was definitely Ace. Noble, courageous, and willing to risk his life for others.

They walked around the darkest alley Lexi had ever seen, and stopped. Ace pulled out a remote, and pressed a green button. Then saw orange and yellow flames ignite from the alley. A rusty police cruiser then came out of the darkness. "Woah, how did you manage to steal one of these?" She questioned.

"The way I just saved your life. Kicked the crap out of the cops." He chuckled. They watched it land, then stepped inside. The back door flooded down into a ramp, then closed itself. The two walked inside, immediately feeling the warmth. It wasn't warm inside, but it blocked off the cold wind.

He started it up, as he and Lexi sat in the two front seats. It steadily lifted off the ground, and into the cold air. Flying away.

A little while into the flight, Ace heard teeth chattering. He looked over at Lexi, who was shivering. She had thick armored pants on, but a thin, long sleeve shirt. He set it to auto pilot, as he took his arms out of his sleeves. "Here." He said briefly. As she looked over, she stopped. Deja vu, immediately hit her like a car.
__________________________

Flashback

"If it weren't for my bad call.. The entire team wouldn't have been in a near-death firefight. And you wouldn't have been shot." He sighed. He was so destroyed, he wanted to cry. That has never happened to him a whole lot. Especially in front of one of his best friends. She watched him tightly close his eyes, knowing he was close to letting some loose.

"Ace.." She said with much remorse. "I would be dead if it weren't for you!" She said desperately to cheer him up. He still didn't open his eyes. She saw the wetness start to form under his eye lids. She couldn't help but feel bad. It destroyed her knowing he feels bad for getting her hurt.