Endgame

As Ace opened his eyes, he saw nothing but blinding light. Was he dead? Was he dreaming? The less blurry his vision got, the more he could observe what was around him. There was nothing but destroyed skyscrapers, flaming parts of the ship, and wreckage everywhere.

"uunn.." He moaned as he painfully lifted his head up. When he looked up, he saw his sword lying on the ground. And far ahead of him, was a giant pile of engulfing flames. He tried to reach for it, but it wasn't even near close enough. But he wasn't gonna let his blood and pain stop him.

He used his right hand, and started dragging himself in the melting snow. He felt the rocky terrain drag along his torn armor and skid his body. It hurt every stroke he did, but he needed his sword. Especially since he didn't know where Knix was.

"Cmon Ace.. Y-you're almost there.." He faintly told himself. All that was visible was one eye and barely the other, because of all the damage he took. Blood flowed from his forehead and mouth, along with his chest scar and his thigh from the stab.

He was nearly there, close enough to where he could touch it with his finger tips. Then, he saw something fishy in the flames. A dark figure, was walking out, limping. He had a missing limb, and long ears.

Ace's only eye bolted open, knowing exactly who it was. "Heheheh.... Still feel like a hero boy..?" He then heard the deep and mighty voice. Ace tried to crawl fast, but he saw Knix limping up to him even faster. He finally reached his blade, as he slept for to his knee.

From there, he wobbled as he stood up tall, wielding his sword in front of him. "I-I will kill you... A-as long as I'm still standing, you'll d-die by my hands.." Ace coughed hard. Knix stopped limping, as he looked at Ace in shock. Ace was partially shocked, for being able to see his full face for the first time.

Ace grinned, and slowly started walking towards him. "Hehehe... I got you now you son of a bitch.." Ace said, ready to kill Knix once and for all. As he was about to give Knix the final killing blow, he stopped in his place. Knix looked at him, confused.

Ace slowly dropped to the ground, as the sword fell from his hands. As he dropped, he fell to his side. Knix could tell he was in some kind of pain. He smiled darkly, and walked towards him. As Ace fell flat to his side, a small syringe fell from his pocket. It was the medicine that kept him alive from the sword wound.

"Look how the glad tidings have turned..." He smiled, and picked up Ace's sword. He lifted it up above his head, knowing what was happening with Ace. "Aww.. Is that permanent scar still giving you trouble? Looks like your luck finally ran out..." He laughed, as he threw Ace's medicine behind him.

"Goodbye Ace... It's been one hell of s trip! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" He cackled. Before his slice could come in contact with a hair on Ace, he felt a shooting pain in his metallic arm. "WHAT!!" He yelled in anger over pain.
He turned around quickly, and saw Lexi standing there weakly, with a pistol aimed at him. Behind her, was Rev, Tech, and Duck.

Knix dropped the sword, feeling nothing but numb in his palm. "So this is how you think I'm gonna go out... By a ragtag team of heroes. Don't count yourselves so lucky. You aren't so special. You aren't doing good. Hell, you aren't even heroes!! Just accidents!! Freaks!!" He laughed.

"But that's t-the thing ab-out is accidents... We always k-know how to c-cover our asses... TECH! NOW!!" Ace yelled. "WHAT?!" Knix turned around in shock. He saw Tech throw the syringe at Ace, with a perfect catch. Ace quickly injected himself with it, and started feeling instant relief.

Ace slowly stood up, and wiped the blood off of his mouth. "Like I said before... This world isn't yours." Ace smiled. And without warning, he threw two small daggers at Knix from his belt, as they hit him in the chest and shoulder. He yelled in pain, as Ace picked up his sword quickly.

"Loonatics! Rush him!" He yelled. All five remaining heroes attacked him at once. Duck shot cosmic eggs at his face, Tech went for how feet, Lexi went for his back, Rev circled him so he couldn't escape, and Ace attacked from the front. Knix had no way to deflect all of their attacks like he did years ago. He couldn't calculate or predict their movements.

Lexi pulled out the dagger from his shoulder, and shoved it in the back of his thigh. Instantly taking him to his knees. "I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!" Knix then yelled in full anger. He threw Lexi into Ace, and kicked Tech in the face. He then tripped Rev, and socked Duck in the bill.

Ace quickly caught Lexi, as he flew back and hit a part of the destroyed ship. He gently sat her down, and got back up. "NOT IF I BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH YOU BASTARD!!" Ace yelled. He picked up his sword as he dashed at him, and slit a hole in Knix's other leg. Now he had no way of standing.

The giant beast yelled in anger over his current loss. Ace pulled the sword out, and stared at Knix. They both knew, Knix could no longer win this fight. This whole war and struggle... Was finally over. Ace held his sword to his throat, eager to just kill him.

"Ace!! Don't do it!!" Lexi yelled at him. But he wasn't paying attention. He was in a long trance of anger and pain, which Knix caused. He was so ready to kill him. He felt the anger in his bones, just building up. "Go ahead boy... Do it. Prove you are just like me. A killer. Do it." Knix grinned, looking like he was already dying.

Ace drew back the sword, about to shove it in Knix. "NNNOOOO!!! AAACCEEEE!!!" Lexi shouted. He then shoved the blade at Knix, while he smiled at Ace. But, he stopped as it barely cut the terrorist's chest. "No... You're wrong. I'm not one of you. I would never take another soul." Ace said, as he shoved the sword in the ground.

He picked it back up, then started to walk away. He went a few yards ahead, then turned around. "But I don't have to save one either." He said. His eyes glowed a bright yellow, as he then fired his laser vision at the explosive barrels beside Knix. They blew up, taking Knix along with the shrapnel and fire.

"Good riddance." Ace said. "He... He did it." Tech said from lying on the ground. "Ace! You did it!! You saved earth!!!" Lexi yelled in joy, as she stood back up and ran at him with joy. As he was walking, he knew it was over. Everything. The struggle to survive. The imperial-like takeover. The suffering of innocents.

"Yeah... It's finally over.." Ace said, then was ready to just pass out. But Lexi quickly caught him in time, before he hit the ground. "YES!!! WE WON!! UP TOP!!" Duck and Rev high fived. Then, they heard loud, crushing footsteps.

As they looked at a corner of the destroyed area, they saw the massive, brown haired beast walk up. He had a robot the same size as him in his hands, as he literally ripped it in half. "Slam!!" Tech yelled in joy. Slam threw the pieces down, then joined the gang. "So... What now?" Rev asked slowly, for once.

"Well... We rebuild. We have to start somewhere. So why not.. Home." Tech smiled. Everyone nodded in agreement, with Lexi still staring at tired and torn Ace.