The Resistance

After nearly being crushed to death by Slam's hug, Lexi and Tech finally got to see Duck and Slam. After 3 years, they were finally a team again. "I'm surprised none of us are still wearing our old uniforms." Duck said. Then, Ace held up his arm. He still had his gauntlets Tech got him on Christmas.

"Do you even know where our suits are, Tech?" Lexi asked. "Not a clue. They're probably sitting in a trash pile with the remains of our HQ, or in a government facility." Tech explained his thought. "My money is on the trash idea." Duck raised his hand.

"There's not even a need for them anymore... Our world as Loonatics, ended years ago." Tech sighed. Ace stayed quiet, as he sat in his chair. "What's up chief? You haven't said a word since we all got in here." Tech noticed. Ace was leaned forward, with his elbows on his knees, and his hands in front of his mouth.

"The resistance.." He finally spoke. "Huh?" Duck asked in his stupid tone. "Do any of you know where to find some of them?" Ace asked sternly. "Yeah..? In the deep part of the city. Why..?" Lexi asked curiously. "If you think I'm just gonna sit and let this dictator rule us, you're wrong." Ace said, then quickly stood up.

"How?! His force is... Outmatchable. He kicked our asses the first time! And worst of all, he nearly killed you!!" Tech said, as he poked Ace's stomach. "I never did ask you, but... How the hell are you alive?!" Duck asked, insensitively.

"Leave him alone Duck! That's the last thing he wants to think of!" Lexi said, and easily pushed him away. "What? What did I say?" Duck said, confused. "Oh my god Duck! You are so insensitive!" Lexi argued back. "It was an accident! You're so touchy... As always." Duck sighed. "What was that.. Duck?" Lexi said, angry.

"Enough you two!!" Ace yelled as he turned around. The two looked at him in shock. "For gods sakes!! You haven't seen each other in nearly 4 years!! And here you are still arguing like kids!!.. Just like the old days!" He blew up. Even Tech had shock on his face.

"I'm going to the balcony.." He sighed, feeling awful he just yelled at his old team. He walked away, and went into the elevator. Duck and Lexi felt ashamed. They knew he was right. Their arguing never stops. "I'm disappointed in you two.." Tech said.

Tech sighed deeply, then spoke. "I'll go talk to him.." He's said sadly. He silently walked to the stairs, to catch him on the way up. The two looked at Slam, who was passed out on the destroyed dance floor. "I'd hate to say it, but he's right..." Lexi said. Duck nodded.

"It's been years, yet the only one who really matured was Ace.." She once again spoke. "Well- "Duck." She interrupted him from being his usual cocky self. "Fine. You're right." He crossed his arms. "So I imagine... Ace already told you. But, how is he still alive?" Duck asked curiously.

"*sigh* I feel Ace only has the right to tell you tha- Lexi stopped. Then, she looked at Duck with a serious face. "Woah chill! I didn't mean it like that!!" He reacted, scared. "Shut up." She sternly said, as she laid down on the ground. She then pressed her ear to the floor.

Then, they felt the floor beneath them start to shake. "What's happening?" Duck said, as he put his hand on the wall to keep his balance. "Mebwe?" Slam made a sound, as he woke up. "Intruders!!" Lexi then yelled. They suddenly heard quick footsteps coming from the staircase. "Get to the ground floor. Now!!" Ace orders, as he and Tech ran down.

"What's going on?! Someone tell me something!!" Duck freaked out, as he grabbed Tech by his shoulders and shook him rapidly. He immediately threw Duck off of him. "You heard Ace. Let's go!!" Tech repeated the orders given.

Duck left the others, and teleported downstairs. As they ran toward the elevator, they immediately saw it drop, with a broken cable. "Damn it!!" Ace said angrily, as he punched then wall. The building got weaker by the second, as it shook more aggressively, and parts of the roof came apart.