(13)

(Ravaughn POV )

We sat in the hospital waiting room another six hours, patiently waiting for the doctor to step out. I looked around and everyone was sleeping except Chris. Chris was up pacing back and forth stressing himself out more.

I stood up and grabbed his hand walking him to empty seats in the corner of the room. "Talk to me."

"I just wish I was a female so I could knock Liyah head off her shoulders. " He sighed." She don't know shit, but she sitting there running her mouth. Yeah I love Marie but I'm not inlove with Marie. I love Rosa always have, and when I seen her again I knew I was still inlove with her. I thought I hated her for leaving and moved on, I thought Marie could feel the void, but she didn't. I'm so tired of people thinking they know shit when they don't Rae. Rosa means the world to me and I'd be damned if I let her leave again."

I rubbed his back." I understand and I promise you everything is going to be alright." I kissed his forehead.

The doctor stepped out and we both got up to walk to him.He smiled slightly and looked at his board before looking back up to us." The young boy, Tehran, has slip into a coma. He lost a lot of blood and we were lucky to clot it before he lost much more. "

"Oh thank God, he's going to be ok." I crossed my heart.

"Rosa is beyond healthy, she was shot in the shoulder and when she fell she hit her head hard on the ground causing her to black out."

Chris sighed heavy and smiled." Can I see her?"

(Rosa POV )

I slowly opened my eyes but quickly shut them again, not being used to the bright light. The room door opened and I turned my head. Chris smiled big and walked over to me.

"I thought I was gonna loose you out there. I couldn't stop crying." He grabbed my hand.

"Chris while I was sleeping I had a dream. In the dream I got to sit and talk with my daddy. He told me that holding things back isn't gonna do nothing but keep you back farther."

He rubbed my forehead and kissed it." What you saying?"

"Chris I left because I was pregnant." I said ." We were young and at the time we were split up. I thought that was a better decision for the both of us. We were just babies having a baby. Please don't hate me."

He let my hand go and rubbed his face."I don't hate you Rosa, am I pissed at you right now? Yes but I do not hate you."

"Chris Im sorry, I just thought that was the right thing to do at the time, I was young and dumb."

He nodded in agreement." Get some rest baby girl, I'll be back to check on you."

I watched as he walked out the room rubbing his face. I loved Chris, I always have. I didn't leave because I wanted to, I thought it was right for the both of us. We were split up and very mad at each other, he was sleeping with Maria, and my mother was dying. I thought he deserved better than me so I didn't tell him I was leaving, because if I would've he would've trailed his happy ass along.

I didn't come back to fuck up him and Maria's relationship either. I came back for Tehran. I admit when I seen Chris all the feelings instantly came back, they never left. Joy knows who her father is, I make sure of that. She has a picture of him on her little dresser, true it's old but he looks the same. I brought her here so she can finally see him. He's all she talks about. I want us to be a family, with a relationship or not.

The door opened and my boyfriend Tommy stepped in. I smiled big and he rolled his eyes.

"You always doing some shit, how the fuck you get shot?"

"Tehran was in trouble and I was fighting for him."

He pinched me." You don't fight for me, so why you fighting for that nigga?"

Tommy and I have been dating for three years now. I met him at Joy's first birthday party, he was my friend bestfriend. The first couple of months was the greatest, but then he started to change. He put his hands on me and let his friends have their way with me. Everytime I tried to leave, he threatened to hurt my baby.

"He is my little cousin Tommy, what do you mean?"

He slammed his hand on the wall and grabbed me by the neck." You know exactly what the fuck I mean you dirty bitch."

"Tommy please." I cried.

He dropped me back on the bed and grabbed me again." Please what?"

"Please stop."

"You think I'm stupid Rosa? You didn't think I'd find out you really came back to be with your bitch ass babydaddy?" He slapped me." You think I'm dumb, don't you ?"

"No Tommy, I swear I didn't come back for him baby." I cried.

"I should go out there and beat his ass right now.  That's what you want?"

"No please."

"No please." He mimicked me."Yeah you still love his faggot ass."

I shook my head." No I don't."

He punched me hard in the chest, causing me to loose my breath." What did I tell you about lying to me, huh?"

( Chris POV )

I stood outside thinking about what Rosa just told me. I missed five years of my first child's life. No man who actually wants to be a father to his child should have to go through that. I put out the blunt and headed back inside. I sat next to Gabbi and rubbed her back. Besides the day of Ravaughn's 'funeral' it's been the worst day ever.

"Chris you straight man?" August asked.

I sighed and looked at him smiling big." Joy is mine and Im accepting it."

(Joy in picture)