Chapter 16

'How could he?' Elsa thought as she ran. She weaved in and out through the crowd, gasping for breath as tears streamed down her face. She quickly wiped them away before she caused a scene. She spotted a small café around the cornor and went in.

She walked to the far cornor, bowing her head so that no one was able to see her face, which probably looked like a mess. She slumped down and rested her head against the wooden table and calmed herself down. The aroma of cocoa beans and pastries, flooded her nostrils and she whiffed the air and smiled in pleasure but then, in all of a sudden, she frowned. I have no money. She immediately turned depressed and huffed.

"Rough day?" A voice whispered close to her ear, sending a shiver down her spine. She jumped a little in surprise. "What do you think?" She replied sarcastically, whilst gesturing to her eyes. He chuckled at this. She sharply turned her head towards the unknown entity. To say she was taken aback, was an understatement. He was breathtakingly handsome with chocolate brown hair and irresistible deep grey-blue eyes that crinkled as he laughed. He looked strangely familiar.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He smirked. 'Cocky, reminds me of...' She cleared her throat. "I would but flash photography is harmful to reptiles." She deadpanned. He placed his hand over his heart in mock hurt, "Ouch. That was very harsh." He pouted. Elsa felt the cornor of her mouth, lifting. Soon she shot him a wide grin. Wow, I haven't smiled like this in ages.

"You have a beautiful smile." He sat down opposite her and placed his hand on top of hers. She tensed and snatched her hand away. A look of hurt flashed his face before it was taken over by empathy. "Are you alright?" He asked, genuinely concerned. "Yes." Her voice cracked midway, he raised one of his eyebrows, "You think I'm stupid to believe a lie like that?" She nodded, he playfully punched her shoulder.

She giggled, "Would you like to talk about life, over a cup of frosted caramel surprise?" He wiggled his eyebrows. "1. I don't have money with me. 2. It'll take more than one cup. 3. What's the surprise?" She questioned.
"Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise then, the beverage is on me and we'll just have to refill our cups." He winked, she rolled her eyes but agreed, who would turn down a free drink like that?

As the stranger got up and went to the counter to order the drinks, Elsa stared aimlessly out the window, all fun and games, thrown out the window as reality hit her hard. Her eyes widened as she watched the figure run in through the café door, his hair stuck on his forehead due to sweat.

"Elsa." Jack whispered. His attire was a complete mess. His tie crooked, his blazer tied around his waist and his shirt stuck to him, the sleeves were folded up and a few buttuns were undone. She ignored him. "Please, Elsa." He whispered pleadingly, eyes filled with tears. "I hate you." She muttered. He visibly flinched. "I am so sorry." He begged, "Sorry doesn't fix everything and I don't want you in my life, anymore." She looked at everything but his eyes. "Look at me, Elsa. I'm an emotional wreck." He ran his hand through his hair.

"I lied." Her head shot up to his eyes, urging him to go on. "It wasn't a bet, there never was a bet.  You mean everything to me, and yes, you were my first time and I never used you for sex." He admitted, as shame took over his features. "You might be lying to me right now, you're pretty good at that." She gasped out as wiped away a tear.

"I fucked up. Seeing you cry, is hurting me more than you think. You think I enjoy seeing you in pain? I can't bear a moment without you. I need you, Elsa. Please, don't leave me. " He sniffled. "What if you break my heart again? What if I lose you again?" She whimpered. "You won't. I promise." His eyes hardening, "I don't know if I feel the same way towards you, as much I use to." She whispered. "I need you to hear this, I've been wanting to say his for a long time but I was too afraid but not anymore," He reached for her hand, "I lov-" "The frosted caramel surprise is here!" Jack stopped and let his hand drop down, midway.

Jack and Elsa, both turned towards the stranger who rudely interrupted them. Jack's eyes widened as well as the stranger's. Something clicked into place in Elsa's mind. Of course. How could I be so stupid. The jaw structure, the face, the body, the cocky personality.

"Jack?" "Zach?"

They're freakin' twins?

_____________________________

Hi! So I finally updated and I am so sorry, I had a crisis and thanks to those who helped me by suggesting absolutely amazing ideas. Unfortunately, I couldn't use them all in one chapter but I might keep them in mind for future chapters :)

Once again, I'm terribly sorry about the slow updates but please, bear with me!

Thank you for 84.5K+ reads! Oh my guacamole! That's freaking awesome! You lot are amazing! Thanks guys! Wow!

- Mariana

PS: PLOT TWIST!

*Inserts evil laugh*