Chapter 17

Previously...

"Jack?" "Zach?"

They're freakin' twins?

Third Person POV
Elsa's eyes widened at the recognisation, her cheeks tinting red in embarrassment from her stupidity. "Why are you here?" Jack asked confused as wiped away the sweat from his forehead. Zach looked away guiltily, as her placed the coffee down the beverages. "I came to ask for forgiveness and to let me be a part of the family again." Jack grew angry at his words and narrowed his eyes at him, "You had that chance three years ago, before you fucked up. Again." He growled. "Listen, Jac-" "Don't." Jack held up his hand.

Zach sighed in exhaustion. "What the heck is happening?" Elsa asked, eyeing Zach and Jack. "Why don't you ask Mr. Zachary Asswipe no-surname, over there." Jack grumbled, pointing towards the offended man. "Rude." Zach hissed. Jack raised his eyebrow, "Really? You're saying that to me, after everything you've done." Jack scoffed. "Why do you even care about that incident anyway? You have Elsa!" Zach shouted, causing a few people to turn their heads towards them. Jack glared at them. "That doesn't change anything and you are still not welcomed and you'll never be a Frost." Jack'a eyes darkened, he then proceeded to walk away and out of the café.

Elsa stared at the closed door with wide eyes, 'what the hell?', she thought. "I have to go." Zach mumbled as he reached over and grabbed his coat. Elsa shot her hand forward and grabbed onto his arm, tightly. "Woah, hold your horses. First you're going sit your ass down and secondly, you're going to tell me everything and I mean everything. I don't care if I'm being pushy or annoying, but I need answers." Elsa said as he gently pushed him onto the seat. He sighed and placed his coat onto his lap. "Fine."

"There was a girl called Lucia in university, Jack fell in love with her as did she. They were a perfect couple in everyone's eyes, except mine." He snarled, Elsa sipped her beverage and urged him on. "It was the last year and graduation day. We went to celebrate with our family and friends, Jack's and my family were there and so was hers and a bunch of their friends too. Before I could stop anything, Jack got down on one knee and proposed, in front of me and everyone else. Of course, she said yes." Zach scoffed, Elsa choked on her drink and began coughing, "He's married?" She asked, confused, a twinge of jealousy sparked within her. "That's the good part." He chuckled lifelessly. "On the day of their engagement party, me and Lucia made out in the basement, Jack came down to get some wine and saw us. He was naïve, gullible and lovestruck back then, so he believed us when we said that we were drunk and Lucia told him that she still loves him. On the day of their wedding, I visited Lucia in her bedroom. We started fighting and then that lead to us making love to each other but that wasn't the first time. My mum came in to help Lucia in her bridal whatnots and well... You get the idea." He mumbled.

"And Jack?" Elsa whispered, Zach laughed darkly. "I told him everything. How she was never in love with him, but was with me but she was too afraid. I told him that we weren't drunk in the basement and that we've made love and that we have done it multiple times before." Elsa cringed. "But it was too late. Jack lost his childish glee, he grew up and became a cold asshole and discarded me as his brother. My parents and my sister, were disgusted by me so I left. I married Lucia and we had two beautiful children together. She's six and a half months pregnant with the third one." Zach smiled. Elsa congratulated him. "I came back so that I can apologise properly to him and overcome the guilt that has been eating me alive since I left, but I fucked it all up. Again." He slumped down and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. Elsa sat opposite him, debating whether she should comfort him or stay put.

She got up and walked over to him, and gently patted his shoulder, "There, there." She said awkwardly. Zach guffawed, "You're not really that good at comforting people, are you?" He smirked, Elsa blushed in embarrassment and shook her head, "Not really." She sighed, "I'm gonna go, I'm jet lagged. I came here cos I have thirsty, well see you later, I guess." He smiled but his eyes betrayed him as they shone emotionlessly. Elsa nodded and waved goodbye and sat down.

She began to replay everything that just happened and that's when it all clicked into place. 'Jack pushed me away because he was falling in love with me. He thought that I was going to hurt him like Lucia did and leave with someone else. Oh my God, I'm so freaking stupid. Elsa, you're losing your chill. Why didn't you just listen to him? It would have made things better. So that's why he's a cold hearted bastard, because he's afraid of love and he's afraid 'to love' I just had to go mess it all up by being a bitch towards him. Ugh, damnit!

"I need to get my shit together." She spoke to no one in particular as she zoomed out of the café. Where could he be? His office.

Elsa walked over to Rapunzel, who was talking to Merida. "Elsa! You're okay! We were just t-" "Is Jack in his office?" "Ye-" Elsa turned on her heel and walked over to the elevator.

Elsa prayed that the secretary wasn't there, if she was... Elsa chucked darkly. Oh boy, she better watch out.

______________________________

Hello! Thank you for reading!
Damn, 98.7K+ reads, whoa! Thanks everyone for your love and support!

I know how painful it is to wait for an update especially if it's a book that you really like.

But please be considerate! I need time for my creativity to flow and forcing me and screaming at me to update, will make me lose interest in writing this book. This doesn't apply to every single one of you and I'm not calling anyone out or trying to make anyone feel bad! It's just a heads up! I'm sorry if I hurt anyone by saying this, I didn't mean to!

Love you all,
- Mariana

------::::::::::::::::::------
Damn!
100K+ reads! Thanks everyone! :)

- Mariana