secret revealed ; 18

Cara :

The ball was a complete, shocker. Matt had kissed me, made a song for me, kinda sang to me. I didn't like Matt that way, I didn't like Matt nothing other than a best friend, as I walked downstairs noticing all the boys were comfortable in the clothes they left on Christmas.

I walked to the kitchen and heard someone come in, the door creaked making me know someone had walked in. I looked at who it was and why am I not surprised? Matthew was standing at next to the pantry.

I minded my own business by walking over to the sink and began washing them. "cara" he spoke and I turned the sink on a little more, "Cara" he sang and I turned it on more making the water run louder.

"Cara!" he said and I looked at him shutting the water off and leaning on the counter.

"what? what? what?" I asked repeatedly, "how was my song?" he asked smirking "great who did you write it for, Caroline?" I asked and he shook his head "for you" he said as if it wasn't a big deal.

"oh really?" I asked pretending I didn't know.

"really" he nodded

"cool" I shrugged it off.

He stood there throwing some little marshmallows in his mouth.

"listen, Matt," I said and he looked at me.

"can we, stay friends? best friends? brothers and sisters?" I asked and his face soften, his smirk faded away.

He stopped throwing the marshmallows and stared at me. I can tell he was hurt, the way he reacted was completely how I pictured it. He nodded slow and short "yea, sure" he said and I smiled.

"okay, great" I nodded and walked over to the fridge, I pulled out the milk and set it on the counter.

"want chocolate milk?" I asked and he stayed quiet, I didn't really mean to hurt him. It isn't my fault my feelings for him weren't strong. I grabbed two cups and the powder then looked at him. He was leaning on the counter with his head towards the wall his hands rested on the counter and his eyes were looking at it.

"Matt?" it was wrong to call his name out knowing he was bummed out about me not liking him the way he liked me. "yea, sure" he nodded and looked at me, a smile slowly appeared on his face and he began nodding once more.

I smiled on the corner of my lip keeping my lips shut and walked over to get a spoon. He leaned to the side resting his elbow on the counter and stared at me making it. After finishing I gave him a big cup full of chocolate milk and we walked out.

"so the dance," Isaac said once we sat down, ugh here it goes again. I'd probably have hurt him even more than in the kitchen. "it was great, right cara?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I didn't like the dance, so many disappointments happened. This is why I don't go" I shrugged and isaac furrowed his eyebrows.

"the dances you had" he continued

"I hate dancing, never will like it." I shrugged and he looked at matt.

I looked at matt too and saw him playing on his phone, or texting, or something. "cara, can I talk to you?" Allison said coming downstairs.

"yea" I nodded and got up walking upstairs, once I got up there she pushed my against the wall and grabbed my shirt.

"what the fuck?" she growled and I winced

"Jesus Christ Allison, that fucking h -"

"what's wrong with matt?" she asked.

"I told him how I felt" I said and she shook her head.