Ageing Potion

Cedric's POV
I looked up at Emma and started to stare. I've liked her ever since I first saw her.

"Hey, mate? What you staring at?" My best friend, Jake, asked. He followed my eyes to where I was staring and smirked. "Ask her out. She should know who you are by now."

"Merlin, Ced. Are you on about her again?" My other friend, Jessica, said rolling her eyes. "I'll kill you if you don't ask her out sometime soon. I'll make Tony do it."

Tony, Jake, and Jessica are my best friends here at Hogwarts. I've known them since first year.

"I heard my name?" Tony said joining the conversation. "What are we talking about today at lunch?"

"Ced's in love with that Holster girl. She seems nice." Jess said. I looked at her.

"I don't love her! She probably doesn't even know I exist." I shrugged. They all laughed.

"You're full of yourself." Tony said. We all burst into even more laughter. "Seems like she knows who you are." He nodded infront of him. I caught her looking at me but she looked away pretending like she wasn't.

"I don't know why I hang out with you guys." Jess said chuckling.

"'Cause you'd be normal without us." Jake said. I laughed and looked over at Emma again. This time she was looking at me and didn't look away. I felt my face heat up and she smiled. She looked away and went back to talking with her friends.

"It's ok, Cedi." Jess said. "You'll win her over." She winked at me and we continued with lunch.

Emma's POV
"Stop it!" I yelled laughing. The twins and I were in the common room sitting on the floor and they were pestering me to eat another Bertie Botts Every Flavored Bean. I slapped the box of candy out of Fred's hand causing the beans to spill everywhere. "That candy is worse than Fred's jokes!" I joked.

"Bloody hell, Em. That hurt. Plus you owe me five Sickles for the candy." He said. I rolled my eyes and lied down. Fred and George lied down on either side of me.

"Want to see something cool?" I asked. They both turned their heads to me.

"No. We never want to see anything cool." They said sarcastically. I pulled my wand out of my pocket and flicked it at the ceiling. It now looked like the ceiling of the Great Hall.

"That's amazing!" George said staring at the ceiling. "Where'd you learn that?"

"Beauxbatons. Besides Potions, Charms has always been my best subject." I store at the ceiling and admired it. "It's only going to stay up there for an hour or two. So enjoy it while it lasts."

We stayed there staring at the ceiling for what felt like ages until it slowly disappeared. I looked over at George who was looking at me. He winked which made me blush. We both sat up to look at Fred who was lying there sleeping.

"Idiot." George mumbled laughing. I then laughed even harder making Fred toss and turn. I turned to George and put my finger on my lips to make him be quiet. I pulled my wand out of my pocket and pointed it at the sleeping Fred.

"Aguamenti." I said quietly. Water came pouring out of my wand and onto Fred's face. He shot up immediately.

"What the hell was that for!?" He yelled. George and I leaned on eachother for support while laughing. "I hate you two. But how could I stay mad at the lovely star-crossed lovers." George and I stopped laughing and gave Fred death glares.

"I'll kill you." I threatened jokingly. Part of me wanted to burst into laughter while the other half blushed like crazy. "You two got the ingredients for the aging potion, right?" They looked at eachother and grinned.

"We've had prank stuff and ingredients stacked up in our closet for MONTHS. We decided to bring them here just incase. Turns out we do need them. Lucky us." George winked. I giggled and stood up. They both stuck their hands out for me to help them up.

"Wimps." I mumbled. They held their chest with their hands pretending to clutch their hearts.

"You're an evil one you are." Fred said laughing. I rolled my eyes and helped them up. "Astronomy tower we go!" He pointed to the portrait hole and walked towards it.

We walked up to the Astronomy tower and looked over the railing.

"It's beautiful." I said. You could see everything. Hagrid's hut, the Forbidden Forest, the Black Lake. Everything.

"Yeah. We like to come up here to plan our pranks sometimes." George said. The three of of leaned up against the railing and took everything in.

"Want to start on the potion early?" I asked. They looked at me and nodded. "Great. Meet me up here in half an hour." I gave them both kisses on the cheek then walked back to the Gryffindor tower.

George's POV
Emma left the Astronomy tower and left Fred and I there silently.

"She's great." Fred said. "I can see why you like her. Not that I do."

"Yeah. She's pretty great." I sighed. Fred clapped me on the back.

"Let's go get the stuff for the potion." He said. We walked to the common room then up to our dorm.

We unpacked our trunk with all our pranking stuff in it. Let me tell you, it was a really big trunk. We got out all the ingredients and carried them back up to the Astronomy tower.

Emma was already up there, her legs crossed, with a cauldron, cutting board, multiple knives, her potions book, and viles.

"Ready?" She asked. We nodded and sat infront of her. She pulled her hair into a messy bun like she always did before making a potion.

She opened her book to the correct page and started reading over it. "George, mash the hairy fungus and powder the tortoise shell. Fred dice the caterpillar and cut the bat tongue."

"Seriously?" Fred asked raising his eyebrow. Emma looked up and glared at him.

"Do I look like I'm not serious? No, now do you want my help?" She asked. Fred gulped and did as she said. Emma turned to me then grinning and winked. I laughed and started to do what the book instructed.

Emma rolled up the sleeves of her shirt and carefully measured the red wine. She then poured it into the cauldron. She then measured some prune juice and poured it in.

"Can I have the powder?" She put hand out. I gave her the vile. "Thanks." She put all of the powder into the cauldron. "Fungus." I gave her the mashed fungus and she put it in as well.

"That was ghastly." I joked. She laughed and wiped the stray hairs out of her face.

"Fred, are you done yet?" She asked. We both looked over at Fred who was having a very hard time with things. "Give it here, Freddie." She dragged the cutting board infront of her and started to cut and dice all the stuff. "See, it wasn't that hard. Now was it?"

She stirred the potion until it was a green color.

"There. It's done." She said after she poured it into dozens of viles. "I could make money off of this."

"Lee wants to to that exactly." Fred laughed. I nodded. Emma laughed and started to pack up all her stuff.

"What time is it?" She asked. I checked my muggle watch. It was 5:48.

"5:48." I stated. "Care to go put our names in?"

"Splendid." They said in unison.

Hey guys! Thanks SO much for reading this story. It brings a huge smile on my face when I see that someone has voted or commented. I'm still trying to deal with the fact that school has started. At first I was all 'YAY SCHOOL!!! I can see all my friends!' Now I'm like 'CAN IT BE SUMMER YET!? I'm getting sick of these people?'