Dress Shopping

Emma's POV
Two weeks after the dance lessons
I woke up to see Ginny beaming like a mad man. She was jumping around the room like she was on a sugar high. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at her.

"Stop being so happy so early in the morning!" I yelled pulling the blankets over my head. She pulled them off and jumped onto my bed.

"Neville asked me to the ball!" She said sounding more excited about the ball than being asked by Neville. I know he didn't like her, and she definitely didn't like him. She liked Harry. Ah, young love.

"Good for you." I said. We both looked over at Hermione who was reading. She looked up at us and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" She asked. I laughed and sat up.

"Who are you going to the ball with?" I asked. She blushed a scarlet red and looked down at her book.

"It's a surprise." She said grinning. I groaned and snapped my head back. "Who are you going with?"

"Tony, as friends, though. I'm glad he asked me, actually. He's a sweet guy." I said. Ginny smiled at me and I climbed out of bed. I put on my black jeans and a slightly over sized grey sweater. My combat boots were untied so I put them on as well as my beanie.

"Where are you going?" She asked. I looked at her in surprise.

"Hogsmede! It's Saturday!" I yelled. Her and Hermione got dressed. We went down to the common room and sat on the couch.

"Hey, don't you have your date with Cedric today?" Ginny asked trying to make me mad. I glared at her.

"It's not a date! And we're going next week, he promised his friends they would hang out today." I said. She frowned at me and stood up. I sighed and Hermione and I followed her down to the Great Hall.

"Well, good morning my fellow people." I said sitting across from Harry, Ron, Dean, and Seamus. Ron threw a piece of his biscuit at me and I cought it in my mouth.

"Nice catch." He said. I laughed and started eating. "You guys going to Hogsmede today?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" I asked. He shrugged and went back to his food.

"So, Harry," I said looking at him. "How're things going with the egg?" I asked. He glared at me telling me he didn't want to talk about it. "Alright then."

"Come on! I want to go!" Ginny said. I laughed and stood up. "We'll see you boys later."

"Don't you already have a dress, Gin?" I asked as we walked out to the carriages. She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, mum sent me one. It's alright, but it would be nice to get a new one." She said. I put an arm around her and Hermione.

"I don't know what I would do without you two." I said. "What am I supposed to do while you're still at school! I'll have no one to look after me!" I said sadly. They laughed and got into a carriage.

"Okay, is there anywhere in Hogsmede to buy hair dye?" I asked. They both gave me weird looks. "I'm dying Tony's hair."

"Oh, yes, actually. There's a little salon down the road from Honeyduke's." Ginny said. I nodded and ran my fingers through my hair. "But, we're going dress shopping first."

The carriage stopped at Hogsmede and we walked to the little dress shop. I looked around and saw a while assortment of color's. On the one side, there was a whole wall of shoes.

"Let's get dresses before shoes." Hermione said. We walked over to the racks of dresses and picked some out. I grabbed a purple one that came down to the floor and a blue high-low one with a silver belt around the waist. I went into the dressing room and put on the purple one.