Christmas

Emma's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. I sprung out of bed and remembered I wasn't in my dorm. I ran over to Katie's bed and started jumping on it.

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" I sang. She groaned and rolled over. I looked around the room and saw a pissed off Laveder Brown and a very sleepy Pavarti. I gave them a sorry smile and dragged, literally dragged, Katie out of bed. She was in sweatpants and an overgrown sweatshirt. I grabbed her wrists and pulled her down into the common room. I felt someone lift me up and spin me around. "George!" I yelled.

He laughed and placed me down. I spun around and pouted. He had his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"No kiss?" He asked with his head cocked to the side. I shook my head. "But there's mistletoe." He said with a grin. I looked up and saw Ginny hanging a piece of mistletoe just above George's head.

"I hate you with a burning passion, Ginny Weasley." I growled at her. She laughed and stuck her tongue out at me. I looked at George and planted a long kiss on his lips. "Better?"

"Much." He said. I giggled and turned around, still wrapped in his arms.

"Presents!" Fred exclaimed. I struggled free from George and raced Fred to the big tree. I pushed him over and tackled him to the ground.

"Not so fast, Weasley." I said laughing. He laughed and stood up. I scooted over to a small pile of presents with a piece of floating parchment above it that said "Holster, Potter, Granger, Weasley". I smiled to myself and picked one up that had my name on it. It read, Merry Christmas! We'll see you in the Great Hall! -Laney and Julie. I ripped it open and found a black skirt that I had been asking for for months, a purple shirt, and a pair of boots.

After I opened all my presents I ended up with some sweets from Ron, a necklace from Ginny, and a few beanies and scarves from Katie. Hermione got me some clothes and jewelry, a few muggle novels I had been meaning to read over the summer from Harry, a few of Weasley Wizard Weezes products from Fred, and George said he won't give me my present until tonight.

"Here." Ron said tossing me one last package. "It's from my mum." I smiled at him and opened the present. It was a maroon sweater with a golden E on it. "She makes us all one every year. We've been weiting to her about you, mostly Fred and George, so I guess she made you one too." I looked over at Fred and George who's faces had gone red.

"I love it." I said. I pulled on the sweater and stood up. "I'm going to get changed, then we can go to breakfast." Ginny and Hermione stood up as well and we walked up to our dorm.

"Thanks for the books, Em." Hermione said. I had bought everyone presents, even Fred and George. Mainly because I thought we'd make up by now, looks like I was right.

"Sure." I said. I kept on my sweater and put on the pair of black skinny jeans Hermione got me, the necklace from Ginny, a beanie I got from Katie, and the boots Laney and Julie got me.

"Shall we go, then?" Harry asked as we decended from the stairs. I laughed and walked towards George. He put an arm around my shoulder and we started to the Great Hall. The castle was decorated with fake icicles and fake snow falling from every ceiling. The grounds outside the castle were beautifully covered in untouched snow.

We entered the Great Hall and it looked completely different from last night. The ice floors were replaced with silver wood and the walls were a light, shiny gray. All the ice sculptures were gone and the house and staff tables were back to where they were.

"I like it better this way." I said as we sat down. George chuckled and I took a sip of egg nog. Ginny and Ron were whispering to each other and then they looked at me. "What?"

"Well," Ron started. "Seeing as you have no where to go this summer, and we're sorry about that, we asked mum if you could stay with us this summer, and she said yes."  A wide smile spread across my face.

"I'd love to!" I said. Ginny smiled and nodded then went back to eating. "If you guys don't mind, I have other people in my life who deserve a happy Christmas from me, too."

"Alright." Fred and George said in unison. "We'll be over by Hagrid's when you're done." I gave George a kiss on the cheek and ran over to the Ravenclaw table first.

"Happy Christmas, Em!" Laney said as she hugged me. I hugged her back and laughed. I pulled away and gave Julie a hug as well. "Thanks for the presents."

"You're welcome. Thank you for my presents, too." I said smiling. "Oh, where's Jake?!" I asked excitedly. Laney blushed and nodded over to the Hufflepuff table. "I'm going to go say hi, give Fleaur a hug for me. And give Cassidy a kick in the shin as a Christmas present from me." They laughed and I walked over to the Hufflepuff table. "Happy effing Christmas, bitches!" I said as I approached Jess, Tony, and Jake. "Where's Cedric?"

"Probably talking to Cho Chang." Tony said with a grin. "They really hit it off last night." I chuckled and shook my head. "But happy Christmas." Jake handed me a small box. I took it and gave him a suspicious look.

I opened the box a saw a silver ring. It looked like braided vines. I grinned at him and engulfed him into a hug. He laughed and pulled away. I had sent all of their presents to their rooms and they sent theirs to mine, but I haven't opened them yet. We all talked for about half an hour until i decided to join the Weasley's, Harry, and Hermione.

I walked up to Gryffindor tower and changed into different clothes. I walked down the spiral stair case and out of the common room. I walked out of the castle and saw the twins, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Katie having a snowball fight. I picked up a handful of snow threw it at Ron's face. He narrowed his eyes at me and threw even more snow at me.

That, of course, started a huge war. Ron, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione against the twins, Katie, and I. We won and agreed to go inside once it started to get dark. I was numb all over which made me ten times more clumsy then I was before. We started walking up the hill when I started falling. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I saw George out of the corner of my eye grinning at me.

"Alright, Em?" He asked smirking. I nodded and tried to stand up, but it was no use. George chuckled and picked me up bridal style. We all walked to Gryffindor tower where the Fat Lady and her friend, Violet from another portrait, were enjoying a few bottles of spiked butterbeer.

"Enjoying ourselves, are we?" I asked laughing at the sight. The Fat Lady scowled me. "Pumpkin Pasties." The portrait opened and we all walked in. George gently placed me on the couch and sat next to me. Ginny sat on my other side and rested her head on my shoulder. I gazed into the fire and thought of Jane and Frank. They always cared for me as if I was their daughter. My thoughts were interrupted by Hermione.

"I'm going to bed." She said as she yawned. Her and Ginny went up to our dorm. Ron and Harry shortly went up to their dorm as well. The twins, Katie, and I sat there in silence.

"I'm turning in." Katie said rubbing her eyes. Fred went up to bed too. I looked at George who was looking into the fire.

"Can I have my present now?" I groaned. He laughed and got off the couch. He walked up the spiral staircase and came back down after seven minutes. He handed me a wrapped box and grinned. I narrowed my eyes at him and slowly unwrapped the box. It was a little mahogany chest with a latch in it. On it read, Sometimes all you need is a cup of tea with the person you're meant to be with. I opened the box and saw the nose biting tea cup from that joke shop in Diagon Alley. I looked up at him and smiled. He bent his head down and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.

We stood there in a make out session until we heard footsteps. I pulled away slowly knowing that the person coming down was Fred.

"Bedtime, love birds." He said grinning. I walked up to my dorm with the present and fell asleep with no care in the world.

HEY GUYS! Sorry for not posting in a while. I am posting this at school, soooooooooo. This chapter is dedicated to froogy101 for YELLING AT ME IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS TO UPDATE MY FREAKING BOOK! Love you Gracie. Comment what you're being for Halloween.

xxHailey