Chapter 20: I'm Coming Home

*One Whisper at a Time*

*Chapter 20: I’m Coming Home*

That morning, I watched Hunter’s transformation. It was an endless parade of horror as she threw up large amounts of blood. I wondered how horrible she really felt. I hoped that it would be over son, but after three hours of constant throwing up, I only felt sorry for her.

Finally, after what seemed like years, Hunter stopped. When her eyes opened again, they were bright red.

“How do you feel?” Caleb asked as she looked around with horrified eyes.

Hunter said nothing. Her hand grasped her neck, and her red eyes begged for help.

“I’m coming, Hunter,” Madison said, walking into the room. In her hands were different containers, nearly fifteen in each arm. She set them all in front of Hunter, and then sat beside her. “You need blood. Drink up.” The girl placed one of the containers in her hand.

Hunter’s face buried in it. I could hear her sipping it out. I cringed and closed my eyes. Caleb sensed my emotions and wrapped me in his arms.

“We’d better wait to leave. You can’t go like this, Hunter,” Caleb stated. I nodded in agreement.

“No! I’m going. I won’t miss my chance,” Hunter spoke, wiping the blood from her mouth. I could see the desperation in her eyes.

“Please, let me teach you,” Madison urged.

“Do you know how long I have waited? I want to see my Mother’s face! And my Father’s smile!”

Madison rubbed at her eyes. “Yes, I know how you feel, but if you go back now, there’s a chance that you could kill them all!”

“I have to go, Maddi, why don’t you get it?” Hunter sighed.

Madison cried out, “Because I love you!”

Hunter had finished all of the blood. She stood up, staring at Madison. “I love you, too, but my family comes first.”

**

I tried to convince Hunter we needed to stay for a while, but she would have none of it. She was eager to get home, just as I was.

“I’ll miss you all,” Madison whispered. Her black hair covered her eyes. I knew she was near tears.

“We’ll see each other again, Maddi,” I assured her.

Hunter walked forward and took Madison’s face in her hands. She looked strangely different as a Vampire. Her face had only paled slightly, but she had a glowing beauty. “I’ll come back for you,” she said softly, then kissed the other girl. It was a gentle, quick kiss. When Hunter pulled back, Madison’s cheeks were wet with bloody tears.

With no more words to say, Caleb, Hunter, and I left for the airport. It was time to go home now. It was a quiet ride. We called a taxi to drive us to the airport. When we got out, I wrapped myself around Caleb as we boarded the plane. I knew it was the end of my life as the slave of Félix.