Chapter 2: Hairpins, Caleb, and Big Trees

~Chapter 2: Hairpins, Caleb, and Big Trees.~

~Whisper's P.o.v.~

It was the first time I saw his handsome face. Hunter and myself were doing out daily duties. As I was bending down to pick up a needle I'd dropped, someone stood before me. His hair was a shaggy brown, his eyes a golden brown.

A smile spread across the man's face. "I believe you lost this." He opened his hand and there was my butterfly hairpin. I touched my cold hand into my hair, and sure enough, my pin was missing.

"Thank you, sir." I said quietly, reaching out to take the item. His hand moved faster than my own. I felt the heavy silver in my hair, and smiled.

"The pleasure's all mine, madam." I longed to know his name. As my mouth opened to question, the man spoke. "My name is Caleb, and what on Earth is your name?" Caleb raised an eyebrow, his head cocking.

"Whisper, is my name, sir." I mumbled, continuing my knitting.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Whisper." My eyes tailed back to his face. The wind blew his pine-cone sent into my nose.

"No offense, sir Caleb, but you are not my Master, therefore, you will not speak to me in such a matter." My voice was stern, and powerful. Caleb may have been handsome, but I wasn't exactly the normal human.

In an instant, Caleb was in front of me, his thick-skinned face only inches from my own. My heart began to pound like a crazed rabbit in a cage. His hot breath blew into my reddening face. "I will most certainly speak to you in such a way. Do you not know who I am, Madam Whisper? I'm sure if I asked, your Master would hand you over for the night," Caleb smirked with a smile slipping across his face. "You're lucky, young human," he slowly let me go, "that I am not that kind of guy. But, let's get something clear." Caleb winked and smiled, pressing his lips together before licking them. "I do what I want, and," I felt warm breath trailing down my neck, as my heart beat faster. "I get, what I want."

When my eyes gradually opened, the man was gone. My kitting needles and yarn had dropped to the ground. My trembling hand ran over my chest as Hunter came over. "Do you know who that is, Whisper?" She asked, taking a seat.

"His name is Caleb, that's all I know." Although I was limited to the simple name, and face, I urged for more.

"Do you think he's related to the Alpha?" My shoulders shrugged as silence struck the air. It was cool that day, and it was our moving day. Our peaceful week was over, and it was time to migrate to the next place. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, as I usually carried most of the stuff.

"I wouldn't think so." I said, honestly. The wind was starting to blow to an extent. I began to take down our tent, as Hunter took down hers. I folded it into a perfect pile, and plopped down on the bare ground. "I kinda like it here."

"Oh, Whisper, you always say that." Hunter's eyes rolled. I took out my journal quietly, my mind still on Caleb.

As I put my pen down, I heard thick footsteps. I'd become accustomed to these echos, so I knew who it was. Quickly, I shut my journal. "Hello, Master."

"Slave." Felix greeted me, "Have you gotten our stuff together?" My eyes traveled to his face, Hunter had grown silent. She was afraid of Felix.

"Yes, Master." I replied, beckoning towards the stack.

"Good. Let's go, we don't want to be late." Late? For what? I wanted to ask badly, but I shouldn't be nosy. I sighed with a nod.

"Yes sir..." And off we were.

*_*_*_*_*

It wasn't so bad, since I had Hunter. I was glad that the change was tomorrow, instead of today. Every night before the change, we always migrated. The pack went through the dreadful transformation once a week. The day varied most of the time.

And so, our journey began. As the large pack moved quickly before us, I held our tent in Master's bag on my shoulder. I sang a sweet tune that I had heard one of the boys singing once. "Amazing Grace, how sweet, the sound−"

"What's that song you're singing?" Hunter interrupted. Her eyes looked beseeched. "I remember it..." She whispered, as the pain showed in her eyes. She was obviously having a flash back, from her time with her parents.

"It's called Amazing Grace, I think...But I don't really know..." I let out a small sigh.

*_*_*_*_*

It was as if my arms were being weighed down by bricks. I was soon nearing a pass out. While my Master was in front, Hunter and I−along with a few other slaves−continued along. The wind began to blow through my brown hair, and it sent a shiver down my spine. The breeze was a torrent of light.

A boom of thunder struck the air and everyone−including the pack−stopped. Thunder rarely came without the gift of rain. I prayed to my beloved God that his tears would not soak me. My mother had always told me, thunder was God, bowling with the Angels. While, rain, was their cries from laughing too strong.

"I hate rain!" Hunter squealed as she was splattered by huge drops. Her hair quickly soaked, and I noticed mine as well,

"Great!" I mumbled, sarcastically, letting my water-bound hair fall over my face.

Then...It happened so fast, that I wouldn't do anything. A long string of lightning crashed into the tree Hunter and I were walking by. "Whisper! Watch out!" I heard the girl scream. I didn't understand her screams until my head turned to see the humungous tree, about to fall on top of me. I threw my arms over my head, and prayed to God that it would miss.

_______________________________________

So! What did you think of Chapter 2?

What's going to happen to Whisper? D:

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

VOTE! COMMENT! And, Become a fan :D Love you all! Have a nice day/evening/night.