Chapter 12: Capture the Beta

• Dedicated to Jenna! For making this beautiful cover (:

*Chapter 12: Capture the Beta*

I walked down the hallway, tiptoeing so that no one would hear me. "Young lady! What are you doing out of the nurse's office!?" I stopped and looked up to see Christoph's angry face staring down at me.

"I was um..." I started, then felt a hand on my shoulder. The hand squeezed gently, and I heard the sound of footsteps beside me. I looked up to find a blonde haired vampire.

"It's all right, Chris, dear," Juliet smiled at the man, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders. "Whisper and I were just taking a little walk. You know, to get out."

Christoph seemed to process it for a moment, then nodded quickly and waved us off, "Have fun, my dears."

The man walked away, and I was about to turn to Juliet to thank her, when her arm wrapped around my shoulders. "Let's have a little talk, shall we?"

I tensed as she squeezed my arm a bit too hard, shivering. "So, tell me what you know about those dogs of yours."

I knew what she was trying to do. The woman was trying to get information out of me to help her with whatever they were planning...What was it that they were planning anyways?

"What dogs? I don't have any dogs, ma'am. Do you like dogs?" I asked, smiling up at the blonde woman. Her red eyes narrowed softly, her lips curling into a large smile.

"Come on, Whisper. You know what I'm talking about. Don't you want to go home to your parents?" I paused for a moment, letting my eyes drop to the ground. It was true, I did want to see my mom and dad again. It had been so long. I was forgetting my mother's voice, and the way my father would laugh at everything my mother would say.

I wanted to feel that love again. "All right, I'll tell you...." I said silently, blinking away the tears that were threatening to erupt.

"Good, dear. Let's go in here," she beckoned towards the ballroom. It was nice, and to my surprise, there were people in the large room. It was decorated with gold and maroon all over. It was truly beautiful.

There were women in dresses, and men in tuxes, dancing around in circles while others glided across the floor. Fine music played around the room, sending a vibe through everyone. "Now, let's get you changed, shall we? We wouldn't want any of these mean vampires getting to you."

**

I walked into the Ballroom, looking down at the dress that Juliet had put me in. It was a deep green on the outsides, laced in the middle with a shade of white. I'd never worn a dress before...well, I couldn't remember the last time I had. It was wonderful.

Juliet was wearing a light red dress. It was nothing special. It was scattered with sparkles. It was long, and tight on her, showing all of her curves. She was barley taller than me.

"My darling, you do look swell. And my my, Whisper. You look wonderful." Christoph said softly. I blushed softly, nodding.

"Thank you, sir."

As I looked around, I didn't see anyone I knew. But, as a soft wind passed, I could smell a certain sent that only came by when a wolf was in the room. I spun to find Caleb in front of the door. He was wearing a nice tux. His brown hair was shaggy, and hiding one of his eyes.

I felt my heart speed up as I looked down at the ground. "Excuse me," I whispered, walking towards the boy. Caleb straightened up and looked at me as I stopped before him.

"Hello, Whisper," he nodded at me and smiled lovingly.

"Good evening, Caleb."

His eyes were so beautiful. He extended his arm and opened his hand, looking down at me. "Care to dance?" With a blush, I placed my hand into his, allowing him to walk me to the dance floor.

The music was soft, and elegant. It was as if a fairy was set loose in the room. I didn't know any of these songs. It wasn't like I listened to any. "I like this song," Caleb whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I've never heard it." I said quietly, looking down at the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck, following his lead. He led me left, then right, and I followed. I stepped on his foot once, but he only chuckled and guided me the opposite way.

"You look beautiful tonight, Whisper," Caleb's lips turned into a smile. I couldn't help but stare into his eyes. Gosh...he was so handsome. I hadn't noticed that my cheeks had grown red.

"Thank you, Ca-" Before I could finish the sentence, I felt moisture on my lips. As my eyes fluttered, I realized that he was kissing me. No. This isn't right. Pull back, Whisper. Pull back! It was no use. I realized I didn't want to pull away from him. It felt so good to be close to someone that cared. Félix wasn't anything like him, and I was glad.

I moved my lips in sync with his. As I closed my eyes once more, I felt my heart speed up. I wanted him closer, but we were as close as could be.

"Get him!" Someone yelled. Caleb was pulled away from me. I gasped as I looked up to see Antone and Alexander holding Caleb by the arms. Félix strode into the ballroom, and the room went silent.

"Let him go!" I yelled, staring at the struggling Caleb. They didn't let him go, though. Félix looked around and huffed before turning his head towards Caleb. With a chuckle he stopped in front of the man.

"What's the meaning of this?" He glanced at Caleb then at Christoph. "Hmm? Why have you got my Beta?"

Félix narrowed his eyes at the Vampire. Christoph stepped forward. "We just don't want another...incident, now do we, Alpha?" He raised an eyebrow at the werewolf, crossing his arms.

I stared at them for a moment, then turned towards the door. Christoph caught me by the arm and showed everyone my arms. "You've done this. You r*ped this girl, and we're not going to have it again!"

Félix glared at me, his eyes narrowing in frustration. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. If I told anyone, he'd surely do something horrible to me. I didn't want to stick around to find out what that was.

I wrenched my arm away from Christoph and ran, but not before seeing the terrified look on Caleb's face. He really did care...didn't he? He cared about what happened to me...? But if he did, why didn't he stop it when he walked in on us?

I ran until I found the door to the castle. When I got to it, I ran some more. I ran until I got to the woods and I was far into them, so no one could find me. If I had to find my family by myself, I would do so.