Chapter 1: Blood, War, and Death.

~Chapter 1: Blood, war, and death. ~

Blood, war, and death, is what our symbol stood for. They'd send us in, and we'd come out, blood shattered on our undergarments. We were imprisoned in madness. Hunter knew of this experience. She'd struggled, and tried to free herself, but, nothing worked. They were werewolves, which meant they were stronger than us. What they wanted, they got. I learned that when I held Hunter that day. I hated that man, for taking away her innocence.

He wasn't a man of good, nor was his nephew, Felix. I could tell you more than you want to know, about my master. He wasn't a wonderful person at all. When mad, everyone feared him, for he, was the Alpha. He was in charge of every one of the wolves, for, they were not human. Human, was myself and Hunter.

We were not the only slaves on the land. Most, almost all, of the pack members were a part of Felix's family. This meant most of the werewolves owned slaves. This was dangerous, for the pack moved from place to place. We had not stayed in a single location for more than a week, for the time I'd been with them.

Although, I wanted out, I had a reason to stay. My little sister Hunter. No, she was not my sister by blood, for they say. But, we were bound to each other. Best friends until death, we planned to stay. I protected her, and she protected me, though, I was better at the protecting. I knew that I couldn't do much, but, I could do something.

I was lucky enough, that my master had not sent me in. Every pair of garments I owned, were stain free. But, Hunter was never that lucky. She'd been sent many times. I'd tried to hide her, but, it only made it even worse for her. I wanted to flee, and take the beautiful girl with me.

Most would think that only males thrived in the pack of dogs. But, this was false. One woman, that I fancied more than any, was Lady Mary Whether. The only woman that was nice, for, she herself, was the daughter of a skipped generation. Her mother had been a werewolf, and she'd grown up in training for so, but, when she failed to show she had the ability, she never felt all the work had gone to waist. She knew the techniques of all wolves, and how to kill one if needed.

But, that wasn't all that I dreaded of this land I walked on. The Indian rituals were loud, and sensitive to my ears (Though, I wasn't complaining, since I'd come through worse.)

*_*_*_*

I sat before my master, my head bowed, and my knees dirty from the ground I was kneeled upon. "Bow to your master, slave." I heard him command. I had no choice, but to bow down to the man. I kept my nose to the ground, until told to life it. "Good girl." He patted my brown hair, and my eyes slipped closed. "Your breakfast is outside. Don't meddle with Dianna." I nodded and stood to my darkened feet, walking to the rock outside.

The fire was burning bright. I could see a bowl of rice, and a plate of fish, sitting there. I expected it to be mine. I sat down on the rock, across from Dianna, my master's Aunt, his only Aunt. Once I picked up my food, I began devouring it. It was not lady like, but, nor were my rags for clothing. So, I was no more of a lady, than a pure lady bug itself.

Soon, my breakfast was finished. I took the clay container that we used to fill water, and headed towards the lake. It was my duty. The smell the wind brought to my nose was magnificent. It reminded me of home. Mother and Father, taking me on a walk in the park, which was besieged by trees. Oh, how I missed that place. We were probably miles─ maybe light-years away from my home.

My eyes traveled up, as I spotted Hunter, filling her clay bottle as well. I smiled. "Well now, madam, would you care for a hand with your wretched looking bottle?" I giggled, as she jumped, nearly falling into the water.

"Goodness gracious, Whisper Neil. You scared the ever loving dickens out of me." I smiled at her, pushing my bottle into the lake to fill it. "Don't ever do that again, you hear?" I simply said nothing, smiling from ear to ear. The bottle she had, was made by Lady Annabelle. It was pathetic. By the looks of it, all it was, was a large deformed bowl. It was hideous.

"I hear you alright. It would have been a hell of a lot funnier if you've fallen into the water, though." I giggled once more, my brown hair hanging over my pale face. Hunter's lips pursed.

"Aye. If I knew I wouldn't get into trouble, I'd push you in. But, I know better." Hunter smiled. Her black hair waved in the wind, like a wave, dancing through the ocean. Her skin was a slight russet, and she sometimes blended in with the Indians.

"Wouldn't that be a drag. Let's go, shall we?" Hunter nodded, and followed me to the camp grounds. We separated, bringing each bottle to our master's keepers. I handed the bottle to Dianna, and took my seat once more.

"The ceremony is tonight. Don't be late, or you'll be betraying your master." Dianna spoke. I simply nodded, knowing that I had to go. But, there was still much day to pass until then. So much time, and so little to do. And, the hours flew like seconds. The longer I did nothing, the darker the sky grew.

"Come to me, Whisper. We go now." I looked up from my bed to see my master beckoning for me to follow behind him. I nodded, not meeting his eyes, for I couldn't stand to do such thing.

We made our way to the middle of the camp site, where held a large fire. Long logs were scattered around the orangey fire. I took a seat on one, while Felix stood before all of the other werewolves. "Tonight, we tell stories of our past. The past, makes up our future, and takes over our present. Now, we must control it, by telling the stories of our Ancestors."

And so, he started. "Once, there was a man named Henry. He was the Alpha of this wondrous pack, and also my Father." He paused for a moment to clear his throat. "He was very brave. So brave, that he was killed, saving his land. He was killed, by the white man. He fought, until he was overthrown by a man with a gun. My Father..." He said quietly. "Was a very brave man, and I envy him for this. You all should too. And, I hope you'll always remember, he died, to save all of us."

When I heard this, I wondered why the man had saved these people. Did they have servants back then, like they had now? Were they all so besieged by laziness, that they could do nothing by themselves, as they were now? What was the point of saving these people, when all they showed, were that they were complete savages?

___________

How do you like Chapter 1?

What are your thoughts on Whisper, Hunter, and Felix? :D  

So, Vote, Comment, BECOME A FAN. :) And thank you very much, for reading, "Letters to my Master," by TwilightPotter.

©TwilightPotter