Nine

5 years later
"Oh ok thank you so much." I hang up the phone. For the first time in ages I have finally gotten another part in a movie. The maze runner. I'm playing a girl named Teresa. I'm so excited.
"Who was that?" I turn my head toward the voice but I should've known. It was Tommy.
"Just a director for a movie." I answer.
"What part did you get?"
"I have to tell the entire story don't I."
"Yep. Now start talking."
"Ok so I auditioned for a role in a movie called the maze runner and I got the part of Teresa." I finish and he looks at me. "Tommy what's wrong?" I ask. A little cautious.
"Nothing it's just that I auditioned for a role in that movie too and got the role of Newt!" He says and I'm laughing.
"This is fantastic." I say and hug him. Then his phone rings. It's probably Isabella.
"Sorry Kaya." He apologises and I nod my head. Understanding. I have met that girl and she is the type to call at every hour of the day.
I walk around the house. It's only me and Thomas home. The boys wanted more food. I decide to sit down on the couch and turn in the television. I still like teen wolf even after I was in it. I have a really big love for it. I watch it and my face pops up. Oh great. Then thankfully the doorbell rings. I stand up and answer the door after turning the TV off.
"Who is I-" i go to say then I see them. The people i haven't seen since I was 18.
"Surprise!" The shout and they hug me. I hug back and invite them in. Closing the door behind them.
"What are you doing here?" I ask. Still a bit bewildered.
"We wanted to surprise you. I think we did." Skylah answers. I look over at Sam and he's a little nervous.
"Sam what's wrong?" I ask. No response. "Sam?" I ask again. He answers.
"My mum doesn't know I'm here. I lied to her saying that I was staying at a friends."
"So you feel guilty." I clarify and he nods. "At least your still here with family and technically you are at a friends. Just not locally." I sit next to him to cheer him up. He smiles. Yes! "You guys want to hear some exciting news?" They nod. "Has anyone here heard of the maze runner?"
"No."
"Well there is this 3 part series called the maze runner. I auditioned for the role of Teresa and got the part." I say and they all scream.
"Kaya that's great. When do you start filming?" Gabi asks me.
"In six months."
"Really?" I nod.
"Yep."
"That's great." Skylah says. Although I could tell they were all a little upset. I shrug it off. Then Thomas comes in. Isabella must've finally let him go.
"Hey Thomas." I announce and they all turn their heads.
"Key Kaya. Hey guys. Nice to see you again." He's upset about something.
"Tommy what's wrong?" I ask. A little concerned. He's never upset. Not in the time I've known him.
"Can I talk to you please? Alone." The others get the idea and go into the kitchen to raid it. Not that there's anything in it.
"What's up?" I ask once he sits down on the couch. "It's Isabella isn't it?" I ask and he nods.
"Yeah." He says. Ok something is definitely wrong. Time to sum something up.
"So she called you. Sounded a bit stressed about something so now you want to go to her house with me in case something happens."
"Pretty much."
"Ok I'll call the boys and tell them there are people over then we can go." He nods and I send off a quick text then go into the kitchen and tell them I need to take Thomas somewhere. They say ok and we're off.
I reach Isabella's house and we both get out of the car. I parked on the street and realise that there is another car in the drive. Hopefully it's nothing.
"You ok?" I ask Thomas who nods his head. We walk toward the house and knock on the door. No one answers. We knock again and someone opens the door. Of course Isabella does.
"Oh hi guys." Her voice sounds nervous. She's hiding something.
"What are you hiding Izzy?" Thomas asks.
"Nothing." She responds. Yep she's hiding something.
"Then let us in." I say. She does gladly. "This is a nice house you have here."
"Thanks."
"It seems big enough for two people." Thomas says. She gulps.
"Of course it is. When we get married we will need a house big enough for the both of us." She says.
"Who said Thomas was marrying you? Who said he even does?" I say. She gulps again. She doesn't say anything else.
"So what are you hiding izzy?" Thomas asks. Then we get our answer.
"Isabella who's at the door." Someone asks.
"I think you are hiding the boyfriend you were trying to hide from Thomas!" I say. Boom. Case cracked.
"It's not what it looks like." She tries to cover up her mistake but, it can't be undone.
"Forget it Isabella. I should've known." Thomas says then we walk out the door. I can hear the quiet sniffles coming from Thomas.
We get to the car and open the door. I could already tell that Isabella isn't sorry. Two timing bitch.
The car ride is quiet and there is still about 20 minutes until we're home so I try to break the silence.
"I was once in your position." I say and he actually looks at me.
"How? You're too nice." He says. Sarcasm dropping from my face. I laugh and I thought I heard a bit of a chuckle from him too.
"That I don't know but that's exactly it. I'm nice yet it still happened. You're nice too yet it still happened. I'm in the same boat as well."
"How did you get over it?"
"I moved on. It took time and I was a wreck for days but I got over it." I say and he smiles. Just then I see a McDonald's on the side of the road. I turn into the drive through and order some ice cream with a couple of drinks. I pay then collect.
"On the house." I say and pass tommy his.
"Thank you." Then we drive off.