Twenty two

"Kaya!" My mum says and walks in. Hugging me.
"What are you doing here?" I ask. Feeling both amazed and mad. Amazed because I wasn't expecting them here and mad because she is getting a divorce yet here are my parents. Here. Looking as happy as ever.
"Oh well you know just visiting. I haven't seen you in so long." She says. Hugging me again. Then there is my dad. Standing there looking a little awkward but talking to Dylan. I would say about baseball. When I pull away I walk up to my dad and hug him. He hugs me back straight away.
"I've missed you dad." I say. Hugging him tighter.
"I've missed you too. Now what can I smell." He asks. I laugh.
"Come into the kitchen and you'll find out." I say. Then walk back in. After calling out for Ki to come in.
"What Kaya. I was watching the game." He complains. This just makes me laugh.
"Haha. You say that like I care. Anyway. My parents are here so please try to avoid them." I say. Continuing to help cook tea with Thomas.
"Why? No doubt I would've met them sooner or later." He says.
"No trust me. You want to avoid them. Or at least until dinner. Kaya's parents can get straight to the point." Thomas says.
Ki's POV
"Ok fine. I'll try to avoid them. Thomas how do you know?" I ask. A little confused.
"I am one of Kayas best friends." He says.
"Ok then. Well I better go." I say. Then walk into the living room. Then I see Kaya's parents and walk back into the kitchen.
Kaya's POV
"They were in the lounge weren't they." I ask. Not bothering to look at him.
"Is is that obvious?" He asks. I laugh.
"Do I have to explain it?" I shake my head. "How about we tell them during dinner?" I ask. It has been around 5 months. Might as well.
"Please don't." Thomas begs.
"Fine. After dinner. For now we'll just say that you're a 'friend' then surprise them. Besides it not like my mum will care and no doubt she's going to tell Zac about hmmm." I say. Not wanting to say the word.
"I guess that could work." Just as Ki says that Zac runs into the kitchen and hugs me. He hugs me tightly as if it will be the last time he'll ever see me.
"Zac what's wrong?" Thomas asks. Plopping him on the kitchen counter.
"Is it true Kaya. That mum and dad are getting a divorce?" He asks me. I try to avoid the honest truth but I can't lie to him. I nod my head.
"Yeah it's true." I say. He hugs me and I decide that I should bring him up to my room. I let him rest there while I cook tea.
"Thomas do you need any more help because it's almost ready." I ask.
"Nah I got it from here." He says. I nod my head and walk into the lounge where Dylan and Will are talking to my parents.
"Ok mum dad. Everyone here knows so one room or do I need to rent out the entire house?" I ask. They look at me confused.
"Just one room." My dad answers but my mum thinks otherwise.
"No." She says. I'm amazed. But I like my dads answer better.
"Nah I like dads answer. I'll go set it up. Oh and thanks for telling Zac. He's heartbroken." I say. My dad looks guilty but my mum doesn't give a damn. I walk a do into the kitchen where Thomas is dishing dinner up. I decide to set the table while Ki just sits there.
Finally everything is ready and we can eat. I tell everyone then go upstairs to get Zac. I reach my room and open the door. He's still sitting there crying.
"Zac. Come on. Teas ready." I say putting my hand out.
"Are mum and dad still here?" He asks looking up at me. I nod my head.
"Of course they are." I say.
"Then I'm not going down." He says.
"Come on Zac. You can sit next Dylan." I say.
"Fine." He says then crawls off the bed.
"There we go." I say then run down the stairs. My mum hears me and calls out telling me to stop. I reach the bottom and go to the kitchen.
"My house. Can do what I want." I say then sit in my spot at the table. Which is in between Dylan and Will because it prevents them from bickering.
"So Kaya how was filming? And what was the movie called again?" My dad asks. Thank god he broke the silence.
"It was fine. Met a lot of new friends. And the maze runner." I say. Trying to at least break the silence and be nice. He's trying to make an effort.
"That's good. Like who?" He asks.
"Like the one sitting next to you. Ki Hong." I say. "And a few others. It was mostly boys in the set so I didn't really make any girl friends." I say.
Soon we have all finished tea so I pull Ki away.
"When should we tell them? They're going to expect something sooner or later." I ask.
"I don't know. Why are you so nervous?" He asks.
"Because. I'm a girl who really likes her boyfriend and my parents are really weird around every single one of my boyfriends." I say. He engulfs me in a hug.
"If I said my parents are the same would it make you feel better?" He asks. I laugh.
"Just don't go running." I say. Then just in time my parents walk into the lounge where we were.
"So Ki what did you think of the maze runner and being in it?" My dad asks. My mum hasn't said anything the entire time. She knows I'm mad at her. Good.
"Oh it was great. Became friends with Kaya and the boys. It was great." He says.
"Well I know who Kaya played so did you play?" He asks again.
"Oh I played a guy named Minho." Ki replies.
"Did you know that he was Kaya's favourite character when she read the books. Wouldn't shut up about put them. Or the characters." My dad says.
"Dad!" I say. Getting embarrassed. "Anyway. Changing subject." I say. Ki looks at me a little worried. I look at him with pleading eyes.
"It's ok. You don't have to tell me. Or your mother. I know you too are dating." My dad says. I fake cough.
"What?" I ask. A little relieved that I didn't have to say.
"You too weren't exactly quiet when you were talking. Besides I'm glad that you're happy." He says then frowns.
"Dad it's ok." I say then walk over to him. My mum looks guilty. She knows she did this to him. I know he doesn't want the divorce.
I check the time. 8:30. I'm exhausted from driving all day today so I go to bed. We always have the guest bedrooms ready in case we get surprise visitors. My mum and dad can choose which one they want. There are two more left since Zac took one and Ki is no doubt sleeping with me.
"Right well I'm going to bed. Night guys." I say. They wish me goodnight and I'm off to bed.

Hey guys. Yes a double update because you're awesome. Love u all. And remember I need to know if I should incorporate the scorch trials into this story or if there should be a sequel.
Thx guys