Twenty six

After picking up some of my best friends from the airport I went straight to the car. Sure we had a little but of a reunion but, then I saw the cameras and bolted. I explained that we should go and why. They were right behind me so, I didn't have to wait. Of course me and Ki reached the car first because we see the fastest but Sam and Luke weren't far behind.
"Jesus Kaya. I know you were in the maze runner but seriously, you need to slow down." Luke says. Panting.
"Hey I never said it was a race and you try being a celebrity. Now get in the car, they're coming." I yell. Well not yell more like explain in a harsh whisper.
We get in the car and take off. Thankfully, they (meaning the paparazzi) don't chase us so we are in the clear right now.
"So what is it like in Cali?" I ask. I haven't been there in what seems like years. Even though it's probably around the 6 year mark.
"Same old same old. Though it has been getting hotter in the summer and colder in the winter." Skylah explains.
"Well looks like I'll have to visit sometime." I say. Then turn up the radio. My favourite song comes on and I turn it up even more. Soon we are all singing and laughing. Doing what we always used to do. Except now we have Ki. But he will always be there.
Soon we have reached the house...again. Ex boys are waiting outside since they also consider my friends as family. So they are excited to see them again too.
We get out of the car once it's parked and walk I ever to the boys. Well everyone but me and Ki do. We get the bags out from the back of the car.
"So. What are we doing today for the birthday girl?" Will asks. Putting his arm around my shoulder.
"I was thinking going out for lunch maybe." I suggest. They all agree so we walk inside. I go to my room and actually get ready for the day. I have a nice shower, I put a nice dress on and put some makeup on. Then I put my hair in a side braid and I'm ready. It's a navy blue dress that is tad sparkly but, not too sparkly.
When I'm done I grab my black leather mini handbag and swing it over my shoulder. I put my purse and phone in it then, I'm ready.
Just as I'm about to walk out I hear a knock on the door. I open it and come fact to face with Ki. Wearing jeans and a simple shirt.
"I'm guessing you were about to ask how long I'll be." I say. He smiles.
"Yep." He says. Popping the 'p'. I laugh then remember my heels. I run ancient and strap the black heels on my feet and go back to the door where Ki is still waiting.
"I will never understand girls and shoes." He tells me. I laugh.
"There is no need to." I say. We laugh and walk downstairs.
When we reach the bottom everyone is waiting for us. I get my keys and lock the door behind me. Then, because we didn't have enough room in my car, Ki, Dylan and Gabi came in my car while the others went in Thomas'.
When we reached the restaurant we met up at the entrance and walked in. Apparently the boys had made a reservation prior to coming here so we didn't have to wait for a table or find one.
We walk in and the waitress sees us and realises that we have reserved a table. She notices that my friends are with us so she treats them like how she treats us. She shows us to our seats. It goes me, Ki, Dylan, Gabi, Skylah, Luke, Thomas, Sam then Will.
"Hi my name is Jessica. These are the lunch specials and I will be back soon for drinks." She says. We thank her.
"Wow she is a really big fan. What are the chances she has seen the maze runner." Skylah says. She's the one who came in the group the latest and is the most used to the media and fans.
"She sure is and I don't don't know. Though it was really successful so I wouldn't be surprised." Thomas responds.
Soon Jessica is back and she looks so happy that she is the waitress for our table.
"Would anyone like any drinks?" She asks. Containing her screams again.
"Uh I'll just start off with a raspberry lemonade." I say. She writes that down and everyone gives her their orders. She walks off to get our drinks. We once again talk. We get our drinks and order our lunch then have a good time. Enjoying each other's company. Most of the conversation was directed at Ki since 4 of us knew nothing about him, apart from the fact that he is my boyfriend and in the maze runner. We get sick of talking about that so we talk about something. Then something catches my attention.
"So Kaya. How are your parents?" Gabi asks. She mustn't know. The boys look at me as if to ask if I'm ok talking about this. I give them a reassuring look.
"Not good actually. Something happened with my mum and my dad or something so my mum is forcing a divorce." I say.
"I'm sorry to hear that." Sam says. I'm the most surprised about the fact that he didn't know.
"It's fine. I've been pissed at my mum ever since she told me." I say. Just after that we get our food come and we eat it up. As we were eating my phone rings. I excuse myself and answer it once I get outside. I don't bother to caller id.
"Happy Birthday!" It was Zac.
"Hey Zac. Thank you." I say laughing at his childishness.
"How have you been?" I ask. He surely can't be happy about the fact that he had to live with my mum.
"Alright. Mum left last week. I'm living with dad for now." He says. My heart sinks at that answer. I was hoping things would get better. Obviously not.
"Do you know why mum left?" I ask.
"No." He says. Then I hear my dad ask for my phone. Zac says goodbye and hands the phone over to dad.
"Hey princess." He says. I laugh at the name he gave me when I was young.
"Hey dad. How are you doing?" I ask.
"Pretty good. But I wanted to talk to you to say happy birthday." He say. I smile at this gesture.
"Aww thanks daddy." I say. Sounding like the child I once was.
"Hey um, you don't have to answer but uh, do you know why mum left?" I ask.
"She's told us parts. Like how she doesn't love me or us anymore. She hasn't said why yet." He says. Getting emotional.
"Oh that's fine. The not loving us bit makes sense since she hasn't called or texted me at all today." I say. I hear my name being called. I tell him I have to go and go back to the table. Suddenly I don't feel like celebrating my birthday anymore.
After lunch we go back to the house. I decide to call my mum. See what she says. I ring her.
One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings

Then someone picks up. And it's not my mum. Or my dad.