Twenty seven

"Hello?" The man asks. I realise I haven't spoken yet. I come out of my trance.
"Uh hi. Who is this?" I ask before continuing the call.
"I'm Jason. Katia Scodelarios boyfriend." He says. I'm just about to break down when he asks who I am.
"I'm her daughter Kaya. Could I please talk to her." I ask.
"Sure. I'll just get her." He says. I say thank you. The gang is looking at me as if to say are you ok? I give them a nod telling them I'm ok and they continue to decorate the lounge. I'm not allowed in there anyway so I might as well have a massive fight with my mother.
"Who is it?" She asks.
"Your daughter. Who is turning 25 TODAY!!!!" I shout. I hear her gasp and what she said next almost made my heart shatter.
"Ok Kaya. I completely forgot. I'm so sorry." She apologises but, I don't accept her so called apology.
"How could you forget your daughters birthday? You've remembered before. Why not now? And don't give me the excuse that you are busy because you never are." I say. Clearly pissed and frustrated.
"Ok Kaya happy birthday. Happy?" She asks.
"No. I'm not because I had to remind you. I should've known. Oh and hope you and your new found boyfriend have a good together." I say and hang up the phone. That's when I lost it. I broke down. I sobbed for what felt like ages when really it was just a few minutes. Then I heard the sliding door to the backyard open and someone embrace me in a hug. I lean into them. Not caring who it is.
When I calm down I look up. Though I should've known who it was. My amazing and awesome boyfriend.
"What's wrong?" He asks. Concerned.
"My mum. My bitch of a mum cheated on my dad. She also moved out of the house and forgot my birthday. I just. I hate her." I say and cry once again into his shirt. Wetting it.
"Well others didn't. It'll be ok. If she forgot your birthday then stuff her." He says. This makes me smile a little.
"I knew something was up though. She was acting weird when she visited and never went near my dad." I say. He nods in agreement.
"Do you still want to have the party?" He asks. I nod my head.
"Yeah. Might as well. I'm going to have a shower and get ready anyways so do what you want. Oh and I had an awesome cake delivered so you don't have to go through the troubles of making one." I say. He nods and we run inside. Me to my bathroom him to continue decorating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Guys can I come down yet? I'm ready and I really don't want to be up here anymore." I shout out. It took me half an hour to get ready for this party. Surely they have to be done by now.
"Yeah come down." Dylan shouts. I silently celebrate and go down stairs. I'm wearing a dress similar to my graduation dress but it's blue and I'm wearing white heels. I have straightened my hair so right now it's really long and I'm wearing some light makeup.
I get downstairs and Ki is standing there. Most likely to escort me to the lounge. I have a feeling it's going to be a surprise party but, you never know.
Ki sees me and his mouth drops. He looks speechless.
"Wow. You look wow." He says. I laugh.
"Aww thanks." I say and give him a hug.
"So what type of party? Surprise or casual?" I ask. Slightly curious.
"You'll have to waist and see." He says. I sigh but follow him into the lounge. The lights are off but, I see bodies hiding. I think. Unless it's the furniture.
"Guys?" I ask. I hate surprises but love them also. I find the switch and flick it on.
"SURPRISE!!!!!" They all shout. I jump as soon as they jump up which leaves me laughing.
I look around the room. It looks amazing. There are streamers everywhere and above the fireplace there is the number 25. It all looks amazing.
"Happy birthday Kaya." Thomas says and gives me a hug. I hug him and I and soon we're all in a group hug. I can tell Skylah likes Thomas considering she is mentally fangirling at the moment. I stifle my laughs and continue to hug them. Tonight is going to be awesome. We have invited rest of the maze runner cast to this party so it is going to be awesome. We even invited Wes and James and his family. His kids ad awesome so I didn't mind them coming. Well all the ones my age.
As we were about to go outside I hear the doorbell. I go to the door and Aml and Chris are standing there. I invite them in and tell them that we are outside. They wish me a happy birthday and walk outside.
After five minutes Blake, Dexter, Jacob and Joe have arrived. They do the same as Aml and Chris. I thank the. Just as I'm about to close the door Wes arrives.
"Wes hey." I say and give him a hug.
"Hey Kaya. Thank you for inviting me to this party. It already looks amazing." He says. I laugh.
"Well tell the others that. They decorated." I say. He smiles and I do the same thing as what I did  with the others.
Soon James and his family have arrived and I can finally party.
I go over to Ki once I get outside and talk with him. As I am I realise the cake should be here any time now. Just as I start heading inside the doorbell rings. I run over to the door and the delivery guy is standing there with my cake in hand. I pay him and go to the kitchen. I open the box and the cake looks just as I wanted it.
I was about to walk outside when I hear my phone ring. I look at the caller ID. There isn't one. Creeped out I answer it.
"Hello?" I ask. A little worried.
"Hello. Is this Kaya?" They ask.
"Yes it is. Who is this?" I ask. Scared.
"This is your mums boyfriend. The one you talked to earlier today." Should've known it was Jason. Why he has my number, I don't know.
"What do you want Jason?" I ask. Really annoyed.
"Oh nothing. I just wanted to say that you are an amazing actress. And the fact that you shouldn't hate me. I know I'm not your father but you shouldn't hate me." He says. I laugh.
"You're right. You aren't my father. You never will be. I wish my mum wasn't even dating you. I wish my mum didn't cheat on my dad. I wish my family was still happy. But no. You had to come in. So you can't tell me what to do. Because of you she forgot my birthday. So congratulations. You have ruined my life. And my dads and my brothers. Hope you're happy." I say then hang up the phone. Well cake time.