Chapter 9

Today was Friday which was Katie's birthday! But it didn't start until right after school. When we left for school me, the Jacks, Nate, Sammy, and some other girls and boys where going to meet up at the office and tell the principal that we had to leave early to set up Katie's surprise party. I just couldn't wait!

We got to school and we all meet up at the principals office and we told him about Katie's surprise party and how we had to set up early. He didn't mind and we left.
"Hey Chelsea." I turned around and Jack was there
"Oh hey Jack" I said back
"So today at the party I might ask out Katie." Jack said blushing
"That would be awesome! You should do it." "Ok I'll think about. See you later" Jack said going into first period. I walked into Mrs.spencer's class with Katie and I couldn't wait until later.

It was 2:00 and I had to leave after math class. I meet all the people outside and we headed out to Katie's house.

We got there and we walked in the door to find Katie's mom and dad already getting started on decorations, food, and cleaning. We all split up and helped out. Me, Sammy, and Nate worked on decorations. The jacks and a girl cleaned up. And some other people helped with setting up food.

I was putting up some streamers in the living room and I needed a chair to stand up on to tape the streamers on the wall. I got the chair and I stood on it and I can't believe that I was still short what the heck! I was on my tippy toes reaching and then I had no choice to just jump and get it. I jumped up and then when I landed I lost my balance. I was trying so hard not to fall off and break a arm or leg but the chair started to tip over.
"Oh shit!" I yelled falling down but as I was about to hit the ground I felt someone's arms catch me. I looked back and it was Nate.
"Are you ok?" Nate said helping me up.
"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks" I said smiling
"No problem. Do you need help?"
"Omg yes I do as you can tell." I said both of us laughing.

It was 3:40 and Katie should be getting here anytime. Jack Johnson was looking out the door and seen Katie's car coming down the street.
"She's coming! Places everyone!" He yelled as we ran to our spots and turned of the lights. Nate was right beside me behind the kitchen counter with balloons and confetti in our hand to let them go when we surprise.
"Hey can I ask you a question?" Nate said whispering in my ear. I couldn't answer him because the door opened from Katie so I would haft to talk to him after the party...

I'm back!!! I feel great and I'm sooo happy! Thanks for the reads❤️