Best Friends - Chapter 13

Alice's P.O.V
I woke up next to Ruki. To my surprise Ruki was awake reading a book. It's like he's always reading that book. Why not ask him what's the book about? "Um Ruki-kun, if you don't mind me asking. What's that book about?" He sighed while smirking at me."Why do you want to know?" I smiled."Please tell me Ruki-kun!*Blushes* T-that's if you don't mind telling me." He nodded while grabbing my hand."I don't.*Ruki kisses Alice's hand*It's a momento from my father." I frowned."So is your father-" He nodded."It doesn't matter anymore." I nodded."Yes. Of course, don't worry I understand. I lost both of my parents when I was young."He stared at me and went back to reading."Have you told anyone, about this before?" I blushed at his sudden question."No. Actually your the first.*Alice kisses Ruki's cheek* It'll be our secret!*Alice winks* Pinky promise?" He stared at me strangely and gave me his hand."What is a Pinky Promise?" I giggled while folding his fingers except for his pinky."Oh it's basically a promise you can make with your pinky." He blushed."I see.*Ruki pinky promises* Do you have to do that every time that you make a promise to a person?" I shook my head."Of course not! I just like to do it for fun with friends." He nodded."I'm your friend?" I nodded."Yes! For now, on! You'll be my best friend!*Alice winks* Alright?" He looked away and nodded."Sure." I smiled and stood up."Where are you going?" I stopped while looking at Ruki."Oh I was just about to take a walk in the rose garden." He stood up and walked next to me."May I join you?" I smiled and nodded."Of course you can Ruki-kun!"

Time Skip-{In the Rose Garden}

"I'm so glad that Ruki-kun joined me on my walk!" He smiled as he ruffled my hair."It's fine." I blushed while leaning down to touch a rose."Neh Ruki-kun, aren't the roses just lovely?" He leaned down next to me and stared at the rose."It's beautiful. Hey Alice, do you like roses?" I nodded."I sure do! When I was younger, Mother use to own a rose garden. I was always so happy to help Mother in the garden! Until one day, Mother passed away.*Alice Blushes while rubbing the back of her head*Sorry about that! I guess that I got a little too carried away!" I couldn't help but tear up."I miss her so much! I wish that she was here with me right now!"

Ruki hugged me from behind."Stop crying. It makes me feel bad, when I see you like this." I hugged him back and buried my head in his chest."I'm sorry. I really don't like it when other people see me like this!" He patted my head."Here,*Ruki gives Alice a rose* it's a beautiful rose." I wiped off some of my tears and smiled."Yes. You're right, it is quite beautiful." I took the rose and smelled it."It smells very nice. Neh Ruki-kun,*Alice pecks Ruki's cheek* thank you. Oh! I almost forgot to give you this!*Alice gives Ruki a rose*You like it?" He nodded while accepting the rose. I gently pulled his hand."Neh Ruki-kun, let's walk around the garden some more!" He blushed while taking hold of my hand."I'd like that,very much."I smiled while walking around the garden with Ruki.

Ruki's P.O.V
This girl just surprises me. I'm kind of happy to have put my trust in the hands of this woman. She seems to trust me very much. She's actually my first friend, I really don't know what it means to be best friends with another person. She looks so happy, just by walking down the garden."Hey Alice, why do you like walking around the garden?" She smiled while blushing."Well, ever since I was a little girl. I use to always walk down the church isle and imagine my own wedding day! Yeah! I know that it may sound a little funny, but I still have hope to get married with the person that I truly love. And I want to live a nice long life with them, until I perish." She's so cute and innocent, I can't believe that she still does that, until this day! She blushed while looking away from me."Sorry! You must think that I'm very childish right now!" I smiled while ruffling her hair."It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find it rather cute of you to say something like that." She smiled while rubbing the back of her head nervously."Yeah, I guess! Hey. Does Ruki-kun have any wishes of his own?" I was taken back by her sudden question."No not really."

She then ran up to a random kitten in the garden and picked it up."Neh Ruki-kun? Isn't this kitten just adorable!*Alice finds a thorn in the kitten's paw*Oh no! Are you alright there little kitten?" I just watched her as she removed the thorn. The kitten quickly jumped off her lap as she finally fixed it's paw. She's so kind, and caring. I quickly looked away and continued to walk."Do you usually do that to other animals?" She nodded,"Yeah! Of course! I'd hate to leave the poor thing in pain! I wanted to help it!" I nodded."So, it's okay to help others?" She looked at me surprised."Of course. Wait! Has Ruki-kun ever tried helping someone?" I looked away."No. I haven't." She giggled as she kissed my nose."Oh Ruki-kun! Don't worry! I'll help you with all of that!" She let go of my hand and walked forward."Where are you going?" She blushed."Oh it's just that I have to get something really fast! Um I'll come back! Don't worry!" I nodded as she walked away. It's strange, why do I feel so lonely without her? I guess that it doesn't matter. Please Eve, awaken soon.

A/N- Sorry for not updating so often! It's just that I have school and stuff! Oh! Please tell me with who Alice should end up with please! It'll make this story much more easier!❤️Bye❤️~SailorCats 😺