Chapter 14

Chapter 14
The Truth Hurts, But It Is The Truth
{ Sungyeon's POV }

Minhyuk got up on his feet and took me somewhere quiet. He took a deep breath and looked straight into my eyes. "Did you hear everything?" He asked.

I nodded quietly. Actually, I don't exactly know how I should feel about the things I just heard, but I can tell that I feel doomed.

"Sungyeon, it's justㅡ"

"Minhyuk oppa?" We both turned our heads to the direction of the voice. My jaw dropped when I saw Yewon.

"Yewo-"

He was cut off when she hugged him. "Oppa, how are you? I missed you! It's been a long time..."

I just looked at them and quietly walked away. I pretended not to hear Minhyuk when he called me.

When I heard Jintaek's words and when Yewon came, I felt like I was slapped by reality. Somewhere between fantasy and reality, I was pulled back and fell to the sour reality.

I realized, maybe Minhyuk was just acting for the sake of the show or maybe for his pity on me too. I thought it was possible for the flower and the star, but come to think of it, those are things that can never be together. The star will just keep on shining to the flower through the night, but they can never reach each other... because the star couldn't come down and the flower couldn't go up either. Their levels are too far from each other to be possible.

That's how Minhyuk and I are. For a moment, I thought it was possible, but I'm awake now. I'm back to the world after he lifted me up so high. I fell back to the ground and yes, it hurts. Yes, it's painfulㅡlike there are thousands of needles slowly stabbing every part of my heart.

I rode the skateboard as fast as I could to get home. Tears have rolled down my face but I don't mind. I didn't mind.

I was going faster when my vision suddenly went black.

#

{ Minhyuk's POV }

"What? Hospital? Where is it? Okay... I'm coming." I said as I hung up the phone after getting a call from Sungyeon's father that she is in the hospital right now.

"Hyung, is everything alright?" Sungjae asked.

"No, Sungyeon was admitted to the hospital." I replied.

"What?" Changsub asked.

"Why?" Eunkwang asked.

I shook my head. "I still don't know..."

"Hyung, be careful on your way." Peniel said before I leave.

#

I saw his father when I arrived at the hospital.

"The doctor said she'll be alright soon and she just had minor woundsㅡ"

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"She was hit by a car. Police are now looking into it."

"Can I... see her?" I asked.

He nodded. "Please take care of her while I'm away." he said.

#

{ Sungyeon's POV }

I woke up feeling really heavy inside. It's like there's a huge cotton filled with water inside me. When the heck did I fall asleep? The last time I remember I was riding my skateboard then... holy shit! I tried to get up but my neck hurt when I moved.